Washer Bottle Light

100mphplus

Had the car serviced yesterday and reported that the washer bottle warning light wasn't coming on.

It appears that the sensor isn't working and I need a complete new dash panel to replace it :confused:

They also said that all my keys would need re-programming to the new dash which has set the alarm bells ringing a bit.

It's been Jabba'd, but I'm not sure where the cpu chip is? Will the change of dash panel affect the chip?

They shouldnt need to touch the ecu, they will match the new dash panel to the ecu so all should be well. Just make sure they dont replace that to.

Hang on.... has it ever worked?

As far as I know, the RS, with 3litre washer bottle and without headlamp washers, does not have a low level light?

I thought it was only the headlamp washer \ 5.5 litre bottle's had a sensor?

The Furby vRS definitely has a low washer warning as mine has gone off quite recently... and it makes that ever so slightly grating "ping" warning noise accompanied by an orange light on the dash display.

Chaos

"piiiiiiiinnnnng"

Both 3 and 5 litre washer bottles fitted to the Octavia can come with a water level warning light - but I can't answer the obvious question!

I have the low fluid light on my Fabia, I also have the headlamp washers. I've seen the light on startup but yet to use up the water, even after 2.5 months of use so have not seen the warning or beep yet!

The dash panel/pod controls all the lights and sounds including the indicator noise and I had this fail on my 9n Polo, apparantely it's a common occurance. This will not affect the ECU as it's a totally seperate component.

Des

Just phoned the garage who serviced it and they are pretty sure that it should have a warning light as there was Def. a sensor on the bottle!

They checked from the bottle back and eventually traced back to the bulb being out, but as there isn't a bulb, hence the whole panel needing replacement.

They are going to double check for me, but are pretty sure about it.

Must be fitted on later models, mine's an Sept '03 model.

Furby owners' date=' stop confusing the issue! :D

Quite sure the 3litre bottles don't normally come with a warning light.[/quote']

I was merley stating that I have washers then went onto explain the dash pod replacement. I didn't know the discussion was about an Octy.

Des

Wierd that it should have a sensor but no bulb (presumably meaning it was never meant to light up)

Anyone else got a sensor on their washer bottle? (never checked mine that closely)

It's kinda useful and does not light up till pretty low.. but passengers think something major has broken when it lights up and "BEEPS" at youloudly, they seem to think it's a check engine light!

As I said previously, I phoned the garage and they had already ordered the new dash and were pretty certain that it did have one.

They said they would double check and get back to me and I haven't heard anything yet :confused:

Will keep you all informed, I may have a unique vRS!

Literally received a phone call from the garage 5 mins after posting the above and it's true I don't have a washer warning light :rofl:

The new '04 vRS models do, but not any previous one's, which was confusing the issue for them.

Problem sorted :thumbup:

all the dashs have the light - i think you can enable / disable in vag-com?

if you retrofit the larger bottle with the sensor.....;)

except for mine, the ecu software is to old and does not recognise the codes to enable the function.