E700 vs T630

kenny

samsung E700 or Sony Ericsson T630.

ive been offer both on a free upgrade from my nokia 7250.

anybody have these or any recommendations on which one to choose? :)

If the screen on the 630 is anything like the 610 i'd avoid it.

The 610 is let down in a big way by the screen' date=' it's a nightmare when the sun is shining as it's almost impossible to see it. Other than that it's a decent phone.[/quote']

Seconded about the 610.

Also the joystick is tiny and very fiddly to use.

Personally I'd see what other Nokias are available

Keep the 7250 ;)

i upgraded from a 7250 to a SE Z600 and i regret it!

the SE phone is good in theory but the software is buggy as hell, and you can only take 5-6 pictures before the memory is full, and when the memory is very full it usually crashes, or wont let you run anything.

hang on a bit for the nokia 6230. same size as 7250, better screen, bluetooth and decent vga camera (640x480) supports xml and recording films too :D oh.. can add a memory card too :)

Go for the T630.. It has more features than the E700 and has twice as long battery life!!

I'm getting a T630 with Bluetooth headset on T-mobile 145mins 50 texts deal..

side by side the T630 screeen is clearer and bigger than the E700 ( which was the favorite before )

chers...

dazz

Hehe...

I am *dedicated*

SonyEricsson all the way mate :p

SonyEricsson: good on paper... flawed in execution ;)

until SE can bring out a phone o/s that matches a nokia for speed and reliability then they would be a serious contender. but atm my Z600 locks up too often!!

SonyEricsson: good on paper... flawed in execution ;)

until SE can bring out a phone o/s that matches a nokia for speed and reliability then they would be a serious contender. but atm my Z600 locks up too often!!

The figures prove they have and are continuing to do so..

Nokias market share down, SE's up :thumbup:

The K700 (due to be available anytime soon - Orange are putting it through final testing) includes mp3, zoom, flash, fm radio, video etc.. all in a T610/T630 sized package..

If you're having probs with your Z600, give SE a call on 08705237237 and ask for your nearest service centre..

Pop along there and in 10 mins they'll upgrade your firmware for free.. you won't loose settings etc.. well worth doing if you experience any problems :thumbup:

Got to SE - Nokia are falling behind these days. They may have a big market share but their new phones just aren't up to scratch imho. I've just got a SE T630 and it's great! If you through that texting on a Nokia was the best thing ever and 'how could you possibly try anything else'? Then have a go with one you will be surprised.

One major difference in operation tho... SE uses a little 'undo' button to go back and 'C' button to delete, where-as the Nokia uses the 'C' button to go back. Every single person without fail that has had a 'play' with my 630 hands it back to me in seconds when they get the 'Are you sure you want to delete this contact?' prompt :rofl:

In my expierience....Nikia phones last 2 years then play up and more importantly make my ear hot and painful.

Sony Ericsson phones last longer if you come to terms with its slowness of OS and also doesn cook my ear as much.

My current favourite is a Siemans. OS is in the middle between the 2 previous, so not too slow but acceptable, and doesnt cook my ear. It also hangs onto a signal far better than anything else I have had and voice clarity is excellent.

As for features...you can keep them as long as Bluetooth is there. Games or camera seetings I have no interest in as the phone for me is a tool, it gets me work and enables me to be in contact with my clients. David Bailey I am not.

For me, the Siemans S55 is the perfect working tool and does what I want a mobile phone for better than anything else I have had..and that is communication.

What problems did you suffer from ?

Ta

Dazz

My biggest gripe is the lack of indication when you've missed a call, received a text, voicemail, etc when the phone has it's screensaver on (which is not optional). So if you happen to be away from your desk when you receive any of the above and you return, the phone will look exactly the same as before. Very annoying.

Additionally, the ringtone volume is not that powerful, even on the loudest setting.

Admitedly I only got it cos of the Bluetooth (which works fine) and the camera (which works, but I don't really use it in hindsight), but next one will most likely be a Nokia again.

If i've been away from the phone, all i need to do is press any button, the screensaver disappears then at the top of the screen is either the red "missed call" arrow, the sms envelope or the voicemail icon.

If i'm looking at the phone it's no great hardship to press a random button to check it...

Edit..

In fact, after checking the menus, my screensaver can be switched off..

If i've been away from the phone' date=' all i need to do is press any button, the screensaver disappears then at the top of the screen is either the red "missed call" arrow, the sms envelope or the voicemail icon.

If i'm looking at the phone it's no great hardship to press a random button to check it...

Edit..

In fact, after checking the menus, my screensaver can be switched off..[/quote']

So you have the same 'feature' then. Ofcourse it is no hardship to press a button to check, but how many times a day? 1, 2, 4 or 8 times? I want an instant indicator :).

And you only think you can switch off the screensaver... it is not really true ;)

I've found the vibrate feature useless, it does not wotk with most of the SE ringtones, the keyboard is big enougn but to low down the phone...

The logical yes / no buttons when going through the menus changes..

The biggest pain is the joystick which keeps selecting the phone book or the main menu when you want something else... VERY ANNOYING...

SE T630.. good phone for the money but there is better...

cheers

Dazz

p.s. I've tried at length a Samsung E700 which has a simplier menu system..