VRS Disc Upgrade...

Hi guys, not posted for a while, all has bn good apart from the bloody squeaking coming from the arb's......going in nxt wed, buggers had better fix it this time....!!!!

Anyways, im looking at getting new discs and pads all round......

i know this has prob been done to death, but need advice if anyone has tried these....

im wanting Tarox F2000 discs up front, dont fancy the G88's as a mate had them on his CRX and what a bloody drone they made......

Anyone on here got them or had experience of them.......????

also i know ferodo pads would be preferred, but i canny afford them (tight scot...!!!), so would the corsa pads or corsa rally pads be a better match...???

i dont hammer the car, but when i go 'briskly' i like to be able to stop....!!!

also i found this on 'fleabay'....!!!

SKODA OCTAVIA 1.8 VRS MINTEX REAR BRAKE DISCS AND PADS on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Mar-08 20:00:00 GMT)

has anyone bought these, as im not really wanting upgrades on the rears.

would the pads be as hard as the standard skoda ones or slightly softer....??? (trying to eliminate the mooing...!!!)

Cheers.

I'm just about to attempt to send back a pair of mintex front discs from that seller as they appear to have a manufacturing fault of some sort that caused the steering to judder violently. I know of another user on this forum who has experienced a similar problem.

Maybe coincidence, maybe not, just letting you know.

I'm just about to attempt to send back a pair of mintex front discs from that seller as they appear to have a manufacturing fault of some sort that caused the steering to judder violently. I know of another user on this forum who has experienced a similar problem.

Maybe coincidence, maybe not, just letting you know.

I have heard that he grooves them himself.......................

Nah, they were just the standard mintex 312mm vented disks. No grooves and not drilled.

I may have just been unlucky (I hope) but another member has experienced the same problems as be with the same brake box set.

No grooves on my Mintex box set (front) but they certainly judder:( - I'll replace them as soon as I can afford. Wouldn't recommend them.

I had a set of those Mintex on my S3!

They were ok but I did have brake squeal after a few weeks :thumbdwn:

I am running with the G88's front & rear on the Octy and they are very good!

Yes you do get a drone from them but that's only when you are scrubbing off from high speed :D

I have the 312 mintex pads and discs on mine from ebay. They are doing the job well, but Im not one for using the brakes in the twisties, so performance wise, I couldnt tell you if they were any better.

cheers guys, think im gonna stick with the F2000's tho' up front...!!!

anyone recommend somewhere to get standard rear discs at a decent price....????

what about eurocarparts...??? are the ATE's any good....??? bit surprised they're £30 each tho'.....!!!!

:rofl:

Did you not know Gerry has shares in Awesome :D

The G88's are fantastic :thumbup:

Hmmmm now you mention it :rofl:

I have to say that they are amazing, i cant wait to get them bedded in properly though