Octy II - recall 24K5?

I forgot to ask - while my car was in for seperate repair at main dealer over past couple of days, they have also carried out recall 24K5 - does anyone know which recall this is/what they would have done to the car?

cheers

vRSFred

Something to note, if you have been remapped over the obd port. The ecu reflash will have wiped your remap and put your car back to standard.

• 5 months later...

Just got a call about this from my dealer today? Either they're as 'on the ball' as ever, or the economic downturn has taken longer to affect them before they've had to call in older update work to keep them busy lol.

They referred to it as a "recall" too :confused: Just to try and scare you into bringing it in so they get paid perhaps?

Anyhoo... is there any more detail on what this is and how important it is?

*touch wood* car hasn't gone into limp mode yet or failed to start (if these are issues it resolves?) and let's just say I don't want to have to travel 140 miles to Star Performance and back to get my car back to 'normal' ;)

Should I bother booking in for this update? Oh and one more question... if a remap flashes your ecu program (completely rewrites it?), and then getting an ECU flash at dealers wipes your remap... would getting the remap flash back on not just overwrite the standard (updated) stock flash anyway?

I think Jim at Star said my GIAC flash had the latest VAG ecu version on it anyway so I'm thinking I don't need to book in but some reassurance would be nice from anyone who knows more about this stuff than me (which would be most of you lol) :thumbup:

I think if you have it done you'll be having coffee with Jim again. Hedge can tell you all about that :P

The SW used by GIAC shouldn't be anything other than the revision that is currently installed on your car, if they have used anything else then they shouldn't have.

There seems to be regular debate over whether something is, or isnt, a recall.

Surely a recall does not have to be serious - i.e. this is a recall as they are contacting owners to get them to have the work done free.

They are recalling the cars to the dealers to get it done, therefore it is a recall surely?

Not sure it matters - just thought it odd that it has come up on a couple of occasions now.

Voluntary Recall System

Recall campaigns are launched and monitored as agreed in the various voluntary Codes of Practice formulated from discussions between the Department for Transport and representative bodies of the Motor Industry. These codes set out the guidelines on procedures for the recall of vehicles and components that have safety related defects, due to a feature of design or construction, and which are liable to cause significant risk of injury to the driver, occupants of the vehicle or other road users.

i remember one of my cars got recalled after it needed a gromit fitted to the brake fluid res. an old man in the garage saw i had the same car, showed me the newspaper clipping and i booked it in the following morning. 4 months later i get a letter from vauxhall about the recall (after i had sold the car).

VRStu that site (and therefore quote) deals with safety recalls.

I remember seeing watchdog one time and seeing that Peugeot had recalled all 406 saloons due to a problem with locking the boot. That was a recall in my eyes but had nothing to do with safety - it is just that people were having their stuff nicked too easily.

I had a convertible recalled because there was a defect in the roof seals - meaning that the car wasnt as watertight as perhaps it should be!

As i say i dont think it matters - but if Skoda have asked their dealers to do this when anythey have customers cars in anyway they it is an 'update' whereas if skoda are asking their dealers to 'recall' the cars by contacting customers and asking them to bring the car in then it is a recall

My car needs the ECu upgrade but I'm going on holiday at the end of the week. Mine's factory standard but is there still a risk of losing the 170BHP and have it revert to std 140? Friend of mine had this issue with her A4 - but hers was a dealer fit upgrade. If there's any risk I'll drag my feet till I get back - don't want to drive 2000 miles with less performance.

Reading the thread it doesn't seem that this is an urgent piece of work - not even sure what a CEL light is...

Ahh - I got a message from my dealer that my vRS PD170 needs a engine management software upgrade - what could this be for? and how urgent could it be? Mights start a new thread for this question....

• 4 years later...

hi guys, my VRS has these 2 lights on now. having the timing belt done today at a local garage, but he says this wont fix the lights problem (i had read on the net it would !!) how do i get this skoda recall update? will my dealership (wings) do it?

That's why if I ever do get a remap I'm getting an STS unit so I can put it back to standard before hand then just retore the remap after.

Phil

just to jump on the train iv had my vrs 170 cr 57 plate from new but was based in germany its never been serviced by skoda and iv never had any recalls the cars english think i should be contacting skoda? i heard about the injector recall but also heard about all the problems of not being fitted correctly, my car runs fine at the moment. :rofl: