Red light button - driver's door

Am a bit confused over this button that glows red in the driver's door. Can anyone explain? Can't find it in the handbook...

THanks

Oh, the heated mirrors too... Do they always come on when you put the rear demist on - or do you have to switch them on manually?

THanks!

Do they always come on when you put the rear demist on - or do you have to switch them on manually?

THanks!

They work independently, use the switch on the mirror knob... ;)

Thanks Des. But if i only want both heated mirrors to come on when the rear demist is on, which position should the mirror switch be set to?

Also, why would the interior sensors for the alarm ever want to be switched off - what is the advantage of this switch? (Or am i being dense?). THks

Thanks Des. But if i only want both heated mirrors to come on when the rear demist is on, which position should the mirror switch be set to?

The switch for the heated rear window is just for your rear window and the mirror switch just controls the on/off for your heated mirrors.

Also, why would the interior sensors for the alarm ever want to be switched off - what is the advantage of this switch? (Or am i being dense?). THks

Quite good for locking in the wife without the alarm going off :)

On a serious note, if you have dogs in the car and you want to lock it without the alarm going off every minute.

Des

Another way to de-activate interior sensors is to press the remote twice when locking it . I usually have my dog in mine so it's twice unlock to let her in to the boot and twice lock to leave her in the car . ( Although the times I've forgotten and the alarm goes off she just sits there with a bemused look in her eyes as if ' he ought to know better by now ' )

the red light is part of the alarm from what i understand , yo press it when you leave the car and it turns off the internal sensor so you can leave a dog or baby! in the car .

:bigshock:Please tell me you didn't just say that!:eek:

Every year especially in the hight of summer unfortunately. We hear of some child left/forgotten in the car with horrifying consequences!!!:orb_no_no

• 3 months later...

The button the door confused me when we first picked up our courtesy car, we thought it was internal boot release then I figured out it was something to do with the security system.

In my opinion a strange place to stick a button the door.

:bigshock:Please tell me you didn't just say that!:eek:

Every year especially in the hight of summer unfortunately. We hear of some child left/forgotten in the car with horrifying consequences!!!:orb_no_no

I have used this feature often while paying for fuel for example. I think thats the sort of thing that was meant by jiggad23 (or at least I hope so).

Better than leaving the car unlocked, and risking someone stealing your car and/or child.

The red light itself is just an indicator. The door button acts to switch off the internal sensors, but you have to leave the car and activate the alarm within 30 secs if I remember rightly. You can also deactivate the sensor by double-clicking the locking button on the central locking. The flashing indicator tells you (according to the rate of the flashes) whether the internal sensors are active.

The other thing to be aware, is that if the doors are locked from inside the car using the switch in front of the cup holders, it cannot be opened from outside. Conversely, if locked from the outside, it cannot be unlocked from the inside.

I was advised never to use the boot release button on the remote as when you close it, the boot automatically locks if the rest of the car is locked. It is therefore possible to lock the keys in the boot.

• 4 weeks later...
Where is the boot release button?

There isn't one in the cabin for fuel or the boot release, a bit of a backwards step on the old model, but then the old model had them in a really stupid place

The only way of opening the boot is by hand or on the remote key fob

And Skoda, A locking petrol cap on a 13k car, WHY?

A very minor fault on an otherwise very good car:thumbup:

On yer key fob. Leaving babies in the car, I am sure is was just a figure of speech. Yes the switch / button does seem a bit flimsy. The thing I have learnt from this excellent site is that car makers are still unable to produce a user friendly owners hand book complete with easy reference. While having a moan too I am not that happy that 70mph has no proper mark aka 60 & 80. The speedo reading was surely made for the UK market?

There isn't one in the cabin for fuel or the boot release, a bit of a backwards step on the old model, but then the old model had them in a really stupid place

The only way of opening the boot is by hand or on the remote key fob

And Skoda, A locking petrol cap on a 13k car, WHY?

A very minor fault on an otherwise very good car:thumbup:

My Fabia2 came with a locking fuel cap. For some reason the key fob won't unlock the boot. I have to lock the car then unlock the car with the key fob.

My Fabia2 came with a locking fuel cap. For some reason the key fob won't unlock the boot. I have to lock the car then unlock the car with the key fob.

You have to press and hold the boot release on the key fob.

V.