Beemer animosity seems to be universal

Captain Chaos

So, this evening on the way home from Bracknell to Chaos Towers, here in Bordon-on-the-Ridiculous, I passed through Frimley, and M3 J4. Having happily blasted down the Blackwater Valley Relief Road (oo-er), with a Scooby, some kind of mega sorted Polo GT and a Toyota of some sort, when we all blasted past a 3 series Beemer who seemed to get upset at being passed en masse, and pulls out to follow us. The Toyota broke off to join the M3, but at the next roundabout which is actually 4 lanes across as it joins the M3, A331, and the A325... lined up sat at the line with the lights at red are the Polo, the Beemer, me and the Scooby... green light... the Polo and the Scooby get away clearly before me (sorry all, but I did catch up quickly) leaving the Beemer behind all three of us. So, Polo breaks off and heads off the 325 slip road, meaning it's the Scooby and me side by side as the road becomes 2 lanes... the Beemer is behind us, weaving from one lane to the other and back again, so I gently pull in behind the Scooby as we approach traffic in the inside lane, as we clear that car, the Beemer pulls into the inside lane, in an attempt to undertake the Scooby and I... no way, we accelerate together making sure he gets stuck in his lane until he has to brake to avoid a car on the inside... again once clear, I pull into the inside lane, again Mr. Beemer one lane and the other... it was like ballet though, as though there was some kind of telepathy between the Scooby and I, that though we had cars of different marques there was no need for us to settle our differences, we just both knew that we had one common enemy... an unspoken bond between motorists... it was beautiful. The Beemer quickly gave up leaving the Scooby and I to have a very quick, and very courteous journey home through the wilds of Hampshire.

Chaos

good job the beemer driver wasnt thinking like Montoya or the Schuey wanna be would have had to retire early !

..... i'll get my coat... TAXI !?

Had a lovely blast last night with an S3, both overtaking at same time, performance so identical the cars kept the same distance apart, got to the end of the dual carriageway side by side at the lights, he wound down his window laughing and said "I can honestly say I've never driven that road so fast!"

We laughed, and went in seperate directions, VAG comaraderie at it's best.

Had a lovely blast last night with an S3' date=' both overtaking at same time, performance so identical the cars kept the same distance apart, got to the end of the dual carriageway side by side at the lights, he wound down his window laughing and said "I can honestly say I've never driven that road so fast!"

We laughed, and went in seperate directions, VAG comaraderie at it's best.[/quote']

Had a similar thing a good few years ago but the other driver said 'You're nicked mate'

only ever had one guy show some appreciation for a blast we shared... never had the chance in the vRS though... still, theres time i suppose.

Pre Jabba I had the pleasure of synchronised speeding with a LCR. We topped at 140 and then slowed down to a 'reasonable' 90 when I overtook him and gave each other the thumbs up. We entered Aylesbury and went seperate ways, until I came to the road into my estate... turns out he lives just accross the street :D.

I had a blast with a Honda Prelude 2.2 vtec last night.. both booted it at the end of a 50 limit in roadworks and were pretty even up to about 1XX then i started to slow for my junction and i got a nice wave and flash of indicators :)

Isn't it nice when you can "travel at speed" with someone, occasionally swapping places, then a cheery wave and a smile when you part... All so often (especially in a skoda) you get shaking fists and pi55ed off people that think you have "beaten" them.

All so often (especially in a skoda) you get shaking fists and pi55ed off people that think you have "beaten" them.

Probably because more often than not we have beaten them in their far more expesive hardware (with a blue and white crash dummy logo).