No response from controller

mattbeef

Righto just got VAG-COM and cant get it to work with the octy :(

Done the test as it passes but get CAN: Not Ready

When ever i try to access something i then get what it says below in the attachment

Anyone have any ideas?

I wouldnt mind but i managed to scan through my brother Ibiza last night with it fine

19623.attach

Then the CAN not ready is normal since the 1U doesn't have a diagnostic CAN. So the real question is why can't you communicate with the cluster? I assume you are able to talk to other modules just fine?

No thats what i dont get.

I tried to do the auto scan and it fails. Try's 3 times on each and then moves on to the next but every time i go into test the interface it will pass

I get as below

Port Status: OK

Interface: Found!

Type: Ross- Tech HEX-USB+CAN

Version:1.78

K1: OK

K2: OK

CAN: Not Ready

Well thats what i though as like you said it worked fine in an Ibiza (6K)

Ill check the socket as its in a stupid place and not the easiest to to secure properly

hi. i don't know but it seems to be a problem with vagcom licence. your cable is an 704 like mine... in the beginning my cable shows this and after that, the cable died...

(sorry for my language...!)

bye

If your cable was a copy and not a genuine cable then it may well have had a firmware update which killed it.

• 1 month later...

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM TOO

MAYBEE I DID NOT CONNECT IT PROPERLY :rolleyes:

LAPTOP RECOGNISES LEAD AND THE LED LIGHTS WHEN I CONNECT TO THE CAR BUT IT SAYS ABOUNT THE CONTROLLER.

WHAT IS THE CONTROLLER?? IS IT THE ECU???

LAPTOP RECOGNISES LEAD AND THE LED LIGHTS WHEN I CONNECT TO THE CAR BUT IT SAYS ABOUNT THE CONTROLLER.

WHAT IS THE CONTROLLER?? IS IT THE ECU???

The controller is the electronic module to which VAG-COM is trying to connect. No communication to any module could indicate a number of problems.

For more assistance, we need much more information. What type of interface are you using? Are you sure the drivers for that interface were properly installed? Did you go to [Options] [Test] and verify that the interface was working?

yes everything tested ok on the test but when scanning various addresses for modules i get the no response from controller apearing.

i have tried changing the com ports etc on device manager but still no good.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have the same problem getting no response from controller every time i try. My cable is not ross-tech original. It just says OBD-II on the adaptor. The led works ok when I connect it to the car and the interface test looks ok. I'm using VAG COM 409.1 release. Any ideas?