VAG Com Purchase

cheezemonkhai

Not sure about discount, but i don't think so.

Group buy?................. UK-MKIVS did a GB for them, but there's the problem they needed to order 200!

However if you were to organize a GB and threw it open to other VAG forums, i dare say you might just get enough people to make it viable.

If we give a discount to members of one forum, soon the members of every forum will be clamoring for the same discount, and then we'll be giving everybody a discount.

Think about it this way: With the dollar being so weak now, you're already getting a good discount (compared to people who bought in the past).

-Uwe-

Ditto :D - and it is worth every penny/dollar ;) - especially if you have anything 'tweaked' on your car, or just want to be able to help out a few mates, it works and works well, and in my case I've had some other car-related favours in return that effectively saved me the money back already (many times over). Also capability to reset service indicator and do a few comfort-options is awesome :thumbup:

I bought a HEX-USB+CAN interface too direct from Ross-Tech for use with my Octavia but have since used it to good effect on my Felicia and Fabia. On the latter I have disabled single key unlock, set beep on lock, and increased the weight of the power steering. Out of curiosity I also cross-checked the mileometer reading with the mileage stored in the engine ECU. My son is a frequent user of the interface lead not only for his Audi S3, but for an increasing number of friends either with VAG cars or who are looking at ones to buy.

Mark if it helps, perhaps a few of us could get together and atleast save on postage by having it delivered to one address? Just an idea. :)

Mark if it helps, perhaps a few of us could get together and atleast save on postage by having it delivered to one address? Just an idea. :)

Now that does sound like a plan.

A few of the relatives have various MK IV and MK V derrived cars plus some mates so I think the thing is a bit of a money saver anyway. I just thought there was no harm in asking.

Don't suppose the guys at Ross-Tech know how much it would be to ship say 10 of the items to the UK compared to 1. If the shipping cost wasn't much more for 10, then as Tom said we could distribute them at our end.

Failing that you will probably have an order coming your way as I'm far to lazy to go read the specs for ODBII and try make my own cabling plus software tool :rofl:

The shipping for 10 units (5 lbs) would be about $87. Shipping on one unit is running about $45 right now. We only ship FedEx priority service as it is the only service we have found that reliably delivers product to our customer. We've tried them all and FedEx has the least problem. They also are the most pricey. :-(

Remember, who ever receives the goods will also have to pay the queen her 19% or whatever it is. We have no control over that. So, you will have shipping plus taxes to reconcile.

The shipping for 10 units (5 lbs) would be about $87. Shipping on one unit is running about $45 right now. We only ship FedEx priority service as it is the only service we have found that reliably delivers product to our customer. We've tried them all and FedEx has the least problem. They also are the most pricey. :-(

Remember, who ever receives the goods will also have to pay the queen her 19% or whatever it is. We have no control over that. So, you will have shipping plus taxes to reconcile.

Bleeding import duty hey :(

Well Tom, if you want to do a bulk order then speak up and I'll sit on the list, if not I'll have a chat with family and order one soon.

Effectily by ordering 10 you are paying 1/5th of the postage.

Seems it works out about £235 in total to import a single unit including postage and import duty! Doesn't seem that unreasonable when you consider its £259.99 delivered from Gendan...

You will each save approximately £10 on top of your calculations.

When Fedex send you the good news about the import duty they also add in a further £12 or so for their own expenses. One parcel = One fee.

However you have to factor in the distribution costs this end.

Yeah but I remember a while back Tom did a fair bit for someone, used his VAG COM and did some other bits and the guy just ****ed off without even offering him a drink. Bare faced cheak. I charge fair rates, the odd freebie for mates if it gets me something (bengie would add something here if he was online).

Time is money.

Well I just feel bad asking people if they mind tweaking something from time to time and also need to do bits.

Still I think while the $->£ is good no is a good time to acquire.

I was all set to sort yours out last weekend and you disappeared.

Yeah but I remember a while back Tom did a fair bit for someone, used his VAG COM and did some other bits and the guy just ****ed off without even offering him a drink. Bare faced cheak. I charge fair rates, the odd freebie for mates if it gets me something (bengie would add something here if he was online).

Time is money.

Yeah, not wrong there. Another guy borrowed the lappy for 6 weeks and just left it under the car when he came back and didn't even knock on the door!!! :eek::eek:

I was all set to sort yours out last weekend and you disappeared.

Sorry mate, you looked a bit busy and the lass with had failed to mention going via bristol to london so i had to peg it to get to london on time.

As for what you were saying Tom about somebody having it for 6 weeks, that is bang out of order. The cable/laptop won't be leaving the family if I got one and not offering somebody a few beers is just, IMHO, rude.