octavia vrs spluttering help

Quite a common problem with those apparently.Some guys here have cleaned out the throttle body with good results.Also there is the coil packs that are troublesome on those too.

Sorry cannot help much as i have a diesel but hope you sort it:thumbup:

Mine use to do it on cold mornings. If you wait for the pump to stop on starting, it about 45 seconds then drive its fine.

After a servvice, CAI clean and throttle body clean, its fine in the cold now. Im not sure which of the things cured it though.

Hiya, mine is exactly the same. If you let it warm up for just 45 secs to 1 min it runs fine. Try driving off 15 seconds after starting and the power nose dives and the spoiler scrapes on the floor, had rolling road diagnostic done and come up with absolutely nothing... left there overnight, all management ok and temp sensors, fuel mix ok.electrics all ok..end of tether. At least it wont be easy to steal it. Skoda dealers say its common but theres no cure. sadly I think the only cure is .....to wait a minute