But its only a badge??

pilgrim

as well as a Skoda fan I'm an aircooled VW fan and am a member of one of the biggest vee dub forums going and the amount of times I see threads asking "what cheap tdi car should I buy" there's a never ending list of vw's, audi's, seats, fords, nasty french cars etc etc then there's me a small voice in the multitude going "BUY A SKODA" and in general all you get is "I couldn't drive one of those" or "the wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend won't ride in one of those" I guess its a bit of reverse snobbery but I'm quite pleased :D even my best mate, he runs a Audi A6 old P reg petrol barge and its about on its last legs, is the same they are going to spend a large wedge on an A4 tdi estate, yes they are nice cars BUT why spend more than you need to get the same quality and performance, the ginger pillock (no offence to other Duracells but he is ginger and most definitely a pillock!) I even went as far as letting him have a go, you should have seen the look on his face :D BUT still he's going to (IMO) waste 3 grand more than he needs to just to get a different badge?? people are wierd?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up with an octy rs after looking at golf gti's. I went for the Skoda simply because it was a Skoda, I quite like the underdog status and the fact they are very rare round here and the golfs gti's are nothing special in mk4 variety and they are clits.

Some of the audis are better put together than the skodas. They are not completely the same ;)

I bought a polo GT pd 130 which turned out to be a big yellow lemon (:finger:VW)

i actually stumbled upon the fabia vrs without even looking at skodas. I was looking at audi A2's and the audi dealer had a fabia vrs for some reason. Had a test drive and from that day on i was hooked.

I like my Fabia, and I am proud its got a SKODA badge :rofl: Even more when you can fly past the likes of starlet turbos, astra red tops, corsa red tops, uk standard imprezzas, focus st (new and old) corsa vxr, clio 197 and bmw 330i to name a few that have tried it on and failed :P

(btw my car is not standard, far from it in fact)

I like my Fabia, and I am proud its got a SKODA badge :rofl: Even more when you can fly past the likes of starlet turbos, astra red tops, corsa red tops, uk standard imprezzas, focus st (new and old) corsa vxr, clio 197 and bmw 330i to name a few that have tried it on and failed :P

(btw my car is not standard, far from it in fact)

Oh god You've done it now :sofahide:

yes I know, but we are talking about people that only see a badge they know nothing else about the engineering, take my mate his car will be used to take his missus to work, doing the shopping and taking the kids to school, they could do that in any car, but saying that neither will shop in Aldi nor buy their clothes from Matalan of TK Maxx etc ?? the snobbery baffles me??

yes I know, but we are talking about people that only see a badge they know nothing else about the engineering, take my mate his car will be used to take his missus to work, doing the shopping and taking the kids to school, they could do that in any car

Isn't that a bit like me saying I don't understand why you paid so much for your car when a Kia would have done the same job just as well? Therefore you must be a badge snob for picking a more expensive car? :D

Chris

Isn't that a bit like me saying I don't understand why you paid so much for your car when a Kia would have done the same job just as well? Therefore you must be a badge snob for picking a more expensive car? :D

Chris

no hes got sense for not picking a kia :rofl:

I had a kia picanto 1.1 auto for a cousity car when my polo got smashed up. Biggest pile of carp i have ever driven.

I know where your coming tho chris, the op thinks that audis are expensive compared to a skoda which does the same job. But a fiat panda 100hp beast ;) owner might think the skoda fabia is expensive compared to his panda.

Everyones different

I never really considered a VW over a Skoda, not only due to the price difference but also because I happen to think the Fabia is a nicer looking car than the Golf.

I first looked at the Fabia about 4 years ago and was impressed with it, but it was only last year when I was looking at an Audi A3 that I found out about the vRS. I didn't really want to look at anything else after that (not that I could afford, anyway).

Choice of car shouldn't just come down to price though, we all have different tastes.

BUT why spend more than you need to get the same quality

Erm, you've got a better Skoda than any my dealer sell and your local Audi dealer is located in 1976 :rofl:

Nobody who has been in a new Audi (any model) can say that the interiors aren't of absolutely excellent quality. Engines etc might be the same, but to state that your Skoda has the same quality as an Audi isn't true by a long stretch.

So you're basically agreeing with what I said in that everyone is entitled to chose the car they want without being judged or accused of being a snob?

Thank you ;):thumbup:

Chris

Yes, i suppose i am :thumbup:

Which renders this whole thread pointless :rofl:

I picked the fabia cos it suites my needs, chris you picked the 100hp panda cos its just a damn good car :thumbup: can you tell i like the pandas. Might even be persuaded to fork out some hard earned on one :eek:

Erm, you've got a better Skoda than any my dealer sell and your local Audi dealer is located in 1976 :rofl:

Nobody who has been in a new Audi (any model) can say that the interiors aren't of absolutely excellent quality. Engines etc might be the same, but to state that your Skoda has the same quality as an Audi isn't true by a long stretch.

when you say "New Audi" what do you mean an 08 model?? I was comparing like for like I had a Y reg A6 2.5 tdi and compared to my 52 Skoda (both bought at similar mileage) the interior of the Audi was held together with string and ceiling wax (sold the Audi after 6 months as it was a heap), I have never driven a brand new audi, or any other car brand new for that matter, I can only speak from my experience, I was only making a comment of peoples preconception of what the quality of a car would be from the badge on the front.

So you're basically agreeing with what I said in that everyone is entitled to chose the car they want without being judged or accused of being a snob?

Chris

Yes, i suppose i am :thumbup:

Which renders this whole thread pointless :rofl:

I picked the fabia cos it suites my needs, chris you picked the 100hp panda cos its just a damn good car :thumbup: can you tell i like the pandas. Might even be persuaded to fork out some hard earned on one :eek:

Eh you get one person to agree with you and you declare a thread pointless :rolleyes: must be a real bind getting your head through the door of your car :rofl:

Chris

I agree too :thumbup:

I find the whole "aren't I clever/superior buying a Skoda instead of a VW/Audi" smugness thing somewhat...irksome :thumbdwn:

Eh you get one person to agree with you and you declare a thread pointless :rolleyes: must be a real bind getting your head through the door of your car :rofl:

But it is a pointless thread.

If your freind really wanted a skoda he would probably have one on his drive :eek:

Why is me thinking this thread is pointless mean i have a big head:confused:, i dont understand.... Everyone is entitled to a personal view on things. My view in this case is that this thread seams pointless.

Why try and convince someone who clearly doesnt want a skoda. Dont start making people realise that skodas are actually good cars, it will push demand up and eventually prices. Then people will pay a premium for a skoda badge and we will all start having to buy kia's instead.

My 19year old Audi 90 feels as well made as the 06 plate Fabia vRS I used to have... So I have to agree that Audi's are of a better quality hence the higher price. :rolleyes:

And yes I couldn't handle the power of the almighty Fabia vRS so had to trade down to my current car... :rofl:

Although I fear even one of those could not keep up with an Audi bearing the same engine. After all everyone knows they keep the best engines for Audi ;):rofl:

This is true... how else could Audi command such a price premium otherwise? :rolleyes::rofl: