So nervous!!

Shaun L

Well as some of you may know I ride Motocross and basicly I have my first race on Sunday. Im so nevous its untrue, Im beeting myself up about everything! :mad:

I can just remember my first mountain bike race a few years ago and feeling sick on my uplift :o. Think thats how I will feel when sat on the start gate on Sunday surrounded by 33 other racers all racing for the same corner!

Shaun

Sorry to ask a numpty question but why are you so nervous? Don't answer that, it's a question for you to answer to yourself. So that, it might be you are worried you won't win, it might be that you'll be seen not to have the skills of others, it might be fear of being injured (very real), it might be to prove to yourself that you can do it but aren't sure - heck I don't know what goes with these things. One thing I do know is that you have to be confident about what you're in for and sort out whatever's bothering you beforehand. Get those sorted, then it'll be "See face. Do I look bovvered? etc".

Get yourself up there on all counts (dunno, does that mean equipment, knowledge of routes, heck I don't know) then you should have little to be nervous about. Easier said than done - but heck, being "NOT bovvered" means you'll know what's what and be able to go for it.

Just me being me

Mo

Cheers for the encouragement :) Looks like its going to be a muddy one!

Mo - I have been saying that to myself, normally calms me down. And I am on the recovery since a knee op after a full dislocation

This is a start:

Thanks

Shaun

Cheers for the kind words :) but due to the rain it had to be cancelled becasue the paddock was unusable. Will have to wait till next weekend and will prob get the same feeling once again

Rick it wasn't far from you, Norley near delomere

Shaun

Well, they reckon the weather is supposed to be cheering up this week, so dryer conditions are good yes? I wonder if it is nerves or just an expected adrenalin surge to get on with it. Do you ever watch boxing matches where the opponents psyche(?) themselves up in the minutes before. So, bovvered? No, cos you the greatest, you the man :) Good luck.

Mo

Well it went okish, practice was a nightmere as the snow melted and the clay track became a mess. Was very much dryer for my races. Was a full one in my race with 34 of us.

1st Race:

Was shaking on the start after picking my gate. 15 sec board, 5 sec board then everyones elses gates dropped other than mine and about 5 others! Typical.

Passed quite a few people and settled in until I couldn't feel my fingers, dam wind! Was happy to see the finish flag after 20 mins.

Came out with 7th :D

2nd Race

We got delayed on the line due to crash in the race before ours, and the nervs started to creep in (not helped by my mate that lined up next to me poking me).

Anyway gate dropped this time and I dropped the clutch only to stall the bloody thing. Got straight back on it though and according to some mates watching "hung it loose". Ruts upto knee depth in places, I caught one of these 3rd gear up the hill and both feet came off. Was just hanging on and I had just a few more hairy moments.

Got a 13th

3rd race got cancelled due to the blazard that starting on the last lap of my 2nd race.

Shaun