Roomster ugly?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like what?

I'm not sure, I said possibly as we are not the budget brand that we once were. Scenic? Picasso? C-Max? Meriva?

Now everyone is going to slate the "quality" of the above car's which I would find ironic as we are all driving Skoda's.

I happen to like the styling of the Roomster. Yet, it all boils down to personal taste. Where I live, most people buy a Volkswagen, Opel, Ford or Peugeot. Why? Because their whole family drives one and no one wants to stand out in the crowd.

I do.

I can always find my car in the parking lot, get more groceries in than most, leave the majority behind me ánd the fairer sex seems to love the Roomster.

That last part pleases me enormously. In more ways than one:D

I happen to like the styling of the Roomster. Yet, it all boils down to personal taste. Where I live, most people buy a Volkswagen, Opel, Ford or Peugeot. Why? Because their whole family drives one and no one wants to stand out in the crowd.

I do.

I can always find my car in the parking lot, get more groceries in than most, leave the majority behind me ánd the fairer sex seems to love the Roomster.

:thumbup:

ánd the fairer sex seems to love the Roomster.

Can you remind me of were you live please mate? I see a business opportunity for an optician's locally :);)

Welcome to brisky btw

Ugly Or Not Its The Best Selling Mpv In Europe

Hmmmm.

It's the best selling in Czech Republic, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Serbia, Norway and Lithuania.

It sold 5,755 Roomsters over over 01-11/2007 and 60,599 in total over the same period meaning that Roomster sales account for about 9.5% which isn't bad but considering the niche and the fact the product is one of the best in class then It's not great. Too many people probably not wanting to be seen dead in one.

Ugly? I prefer to call it Distinctive.

I too have a vehicle for the FIAT ugly stable - a Doblo; but again it has a distinctive boxy shape as opposed to the carlike curves of the Belingo/Kangoo etc.

I don't think anyone on here is concerned about the Roomster being 'ugly'; after all if we can see past the badge snobbery that still exists about Skoda then a bit of style or not is neither here nor there.

Final comment; sometimes it is 'cool' to be 'ugly' ;):cool:

I do.

Never quite considered the Roomster as a f4nny magnet!!

Well it looks better than a New Style Fabia for sure, and in Scout trim looks cool...........

But that's just my opinion, and what do I know... I drive a Skoda

I like it , the rear light treatment looks great , and I happen to like the 'mismatched halves' styling. It looks even better with rear privacy glass and the glass roof!! Park it next to a SsangYong Rhodius , then see if you think its bad....lol!

I like it , the rear light treatment looks great , and I happen to like the 'mismatched halves' styling. It looks even better with rear privacy glass and the glass roof!!

Good man, I have both those options :)

I like the driving room/living room front-rear too. Actually I think it would look weirder if the front windows were as deep as the rears or the rears as shallow as the fronts. I'm really glad Skoda were bold with it. It makes a lot of sense if you are sitting in the back and it helps make the all round visibility excellent too.

Never quite considered the Roomster as a f4nny magnet!!

Neither did I when I bought it, but every date I had (well, almost every...) wanted to sit in the back..plenty of room ánd a sunroof:D

@ Fluffmeister. I'm living in the northwestern part of Holland. Please feel free. Your business, my pleasure:thumbup::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
I think this girl thinks the Roomster is tasty.

I wouldn't mind showing her the space in the back ;)

"Alright Darling? I would love to see the soles of your feet in my wing mirrors...."

For anyone who thinks the Roomster is ugly, check out the new Mercedes Benz GLK. Looks like it has been designed to appeal to the American market (ie. ugly)

Mercedes-Benz GLK: premiéra na autosalonu v Pekingu (nové foto + plakáty) | AUTO.CZ

*cough* thats why its not coming to the uk!!

bring on the Q5! mmm

infact give me a yeti! :D

That Merc isn't ugly, it's quite nice, albeit a little "square" loloking, mind you, what do I know, I think the favorit looks great :eek:

By the way, saw a roomster at the local dealers today whilst picking up some paint for the faithfull Favvy, have to say, definitely looks like its been beaten with the ugly stick, it's up there with the original Multipla for its looks :rofl: I don't really understand why they have to make it so ugly, just a little rethink of the window styling and it would look nice and wouldn't affect practicality:confused:

That Merc isn't ugly, it's quite nice, albeit a little "square" loloking, mind you, what do I know, I think the favorit looks great :eek:

By the way, saw a roomster at the local dealers today whilst picking up some paint for the faithfull Favvy, have to say, definitely looks like its been beaten with the ugly stick, it's up there with the original Multipla for its looks :rofl: I don't really understand why they have to make it so ugly, just a little rethink of the window styling and it would look nice and wouldn't affect practicality:confused:

it isnt ugly!! its been designed. :P