Roomster ugly?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ok, MSN comes 3rd in the Decron "Most useless websites" list which to be honest carries far more credibility than that hack page.

It is to car journalism what the Sun is to newspapers (Ie full of tripe that people want to read and not what the should read)

If the roomster had come out the same as the prototype mock up it would have been fantastic....but it lost something on the way to production as far as styling goes, as far as room and practicallity goes it is unbeatable

The concept looks striking but there might have been issues with structural integrity, interior space etc.....

But to be fair its not that different to the orig concept.

I wouldn't call it ugly. The Fiat Doblo looked utilarian and butt ugly when it was launched but it did look a lot more butch than its' French cousins I quite liked its styling.

i'd say it looks distinctive and purposeful nut not ugly, the new Peugeots with that horrid gaping mouth is urgh!

The Roomster *is* an ugly car.

:iagree:

Not as horrid as the Fiat Multipla but yes, it's ugly. But not all cars can be as beautifully and well-proportionally shaped as the stub-nosed rucksack carrier known as the Felly Mk2 Estate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's all subjective and it's all down to personal taste. I am just glad I dont drive a taxi stereotype or an Octy Mk1 for those who live in the country. Perhaps the problem is with the Roomy is it's too far ahead of it's time. Clearly it's a Marmite car but that's the stuff of legends ;)

If I (Or any Roomster owner) really cared what people thought we wouldn't be driving a Skoda let alone a Roomster. I get FAR more positive attention in the Roomy than I ever did in the VRS (And I also think it look great from the back) When I turned up to the VW meet on sunday it seemed to get very mixed reactions from "What the F***" to "OMG thats cool" and even a "Thats got to be a brilliant sleeper" I know one thing. There were a load of Mk2's, Polos, even a few Fabias, but only one Roomster :thumbup:

This should put into perspective a little more by comparing it to some similar size/competition;

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26660&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26663&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26666&g2_serialNumber=1

You may be wondering why I took the pictures of the back? Two reasons: 1. There was a wall in the way. 2. That's the view most people get of my Roomster

Just to clarify, I wouldn't say the Roomster is ugly, it's not particular attractive either kind of like Penny off GMTV you so would but you probably wouldn't brag about it to your mates down the pub.

However I do think the Roomster is cool. It's cool because it looks so strange.

It does get attention. I used to have a Roomster3 in white with black windows and that was seriously cool and got so much attention. One time I parked in Southend seafront car park (epicentre of barry culture) and when I came back from dinner quite a few barries where looking round it trying to figure out what it was. One of them even reckoned he would build a "bang'in" sound system for it... I lol'd. Then left content with my Joey*.

*I call Roomsters Joeys after the legend that was Joe Deacon from Blue Peter.

Not as horrid as the Fiat Multipla but yes, it's ugly. But not all cars can be as beautifully and well-proportionally shaped as the stub-nosed rucksack carrier known as the Felly Mk2 Estate :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oi! I switched from a Multipla to a Roomster last year, so I'm the expert on ugly! ;-)

Both are distinctive - the pre-face-lift Multipla more so than the toned-down 'let's hope we sell more' face-lift version, which totally lost its character with its anonymous nose-job.

As for MSN, anything from M$ is the spawn of Satan.

Stuart

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with a couple of the other guys here, to me the Roomster looks like it fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

The Scout is imho the best looking of a bad bunch, it really does look like 2 designs cut and shut to me.

The irony of my post is that I'm not sure that it would stop me buying one if the practicality was there, but there are possibly better option's out there for the money that are easier on the eye ;)

IThe irony of my post is that I'm not sure that it would stop me buying one if the practicality was there

...with that one, too. Exquisite Skoda quality, ample room for stowing everything that can be needed for the garden, the weekend cottage...

When the old Renault 4 was launched in Sweden a loooong time ago it was advertised as "The Bragging Car" - now a classical campaign in Swedish advertisement history. The Roomster fits pretty well in under the same heading.

But it is ugly...

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with a couple of the other guys here, to me the Roomster looks like it fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

The Scout is imho the best looking of a bad bunch, it really does look like 2 designs cut and shut to me.

The irony of my post is that I'm not sure that it would stop me buying one if the practicality was there, but there are possibly better option's out there for the money that are easier on the eye ;)

I agree.

I think it's an ugly car with two mismatched halves , but I enjoyed driving one and would consider one if that was the sort of vehicle I was after. It'll be on the list of possibilities for SWMBO's next car

and dead handy when you go to the supermarket - you can park it right outside the doors

:)

That space is usually reserved for Taxi's hence it's usually full of Octavias.