How can we improve Briskoda?

jaymd

Can we improve Briskoda?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Can we improve Briskoda?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just right as it is

How about an entire week of no input from the mods whatsoever?

I believe the result would be along the lines of:

Bye bye Briskoda- it was nice knowing you :thumbdwn:

There would be all hell to pay when they come back though. While the cats away and all that :rolleyes:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an entire week of no input from the mods whatsoever?

I believe the result would be along the lines of:

Bye bye Briskoda- it was nice knowing you :thumbdwn:

We did, almost: http://briskoda.net/forums/off-topic-chit-chat/military-coup/89088/

which led to this: http://briskoda.net/forums/off-topic-chit-chat/why-coup-thread-closed/89316/ :rolleyes:

imho the mods do a fine job atm and the site would be a better place without posters bitching about each other. Turn the other cheek.

i think the site one of the best.

Iam part EXing my fabia in this week for a ford and ive joined 4 ford forums, the focusstoc.co.uk is just as good as briskoda but somehow feels a more friendly enviroment.

I believe this could be due to them having a shoutbox, this is a live constant genral banter chat room that stays on every page you look at, so you can be in a serious thread looking for information and also join in banter and bring any subject up.

20657.attach

I don't like the idea of looking backwards, but feel justified in this case. The forum was set up as a car forum, where like minded people could help each other with car specific problems, arrange meets / trackdays and the like.

It has evolved as membership has grown and people have met other members into a social club which at times appears as small insular groups ( having their own tables in the club) who seem to go way off topic because of familiarity then moan when the mods read the thread and clean it up a little to follow forum guidelines.

The site started about cars and has evolved for some into being about people and their woes. Can we get back to being about what the initial intention was for the site, I often wonder why we have 30,000 registered and only about a 1/6th active do we pis55 that many off when they find the site to ask about a problem with their car.

I mean when we search google and find this site, I'm sure the search was not of a human limitations nature but a specific car related one.

so can we improve, YES we can become a car forum again.:)

If the site went the way you seem to wish it to then I for one would :wave: bye bye and just visit on occaision if and when I had a problem.

I think Briskoda is just right. There is the right mix of car related star and friendly banter. I'm on a few other forums and they just don't have the same friendly/community feel to them.

The mods do a great job as well. If they moderated everything that was slightly off topic, the forum would loose its community feel a bit I think.

If I am the sort of user you are trying to get rid of then so be it.... I am going to bugger off the forum for a while.

I will leave you to the sort of users you do want on the forum... like red baron, he seems like a charming chap :wave:

someone please tell me this is true and she is finally gone?:rofl:

My goodness me?? What on earth is going on in this place?? Where have all these threads come from? At the end of the day it's only the internet! I can't believe we are arguing about this?

We did, almost: http://briskoda.net/forums/off-topic-chit-chat/military-coup/89088/

which led to this: http://briskoda.net/forums/off-topic-chit-chat/why-coup-thread-closed/89316/ :rolleyes:

imho the mods do a fine job atm and the site would be a better place without posters bitching about each other. Turn the other cheek.

I would like to point out that the coup thread was entirely in Jest and I even pointed a mod at it when they logged on by phone.

The whole thing was kept in a single thread too.

Jaysus, its amazing the number of posts on this subject in a day :(

I never said Ross was a yeast infection, I just used the expression as a bit of a joke.
Therein lies the problem with the type of topic it was/is it wasn't the time or the place.

Hopefully thats a bit clearer now ;):thumbup:

I will go and cool off for a while.

Might clear the mind and settle things, people will listen more if things are calmer.;)

My goodness me?? What on earth is going on in this place?? Where have all these threads come from? At the end of the day it's only the internet! I can't believe we are arguing about this?

Loz - it would seem that someone has tapped into your user account - either that or you've been at finishing school for the last few months.

:eek: My goodness, its all jolly frightful !