Favorit GLXIe Plus - anyone heard of them?

Just came across this page Peugeot GTi Autosport Club > Free Articles > Members Cars > Other Makes > Skoda Favorit GLXIE Plus - andyball1 and it suggests there was another model called a GLXIe plus, but I have never heared of them or seen them before. It seems to suggest the front grille is standard Skoda, but I suspect it's aftermarket as it wouldn't make any sense to include that and no front fogs.

I'd take that page with a pinch of salt, it's not a GLXiE as it says - that's an LXi (hence no fogs/side rubbing strips/alloys). Not sure on the origin of the grille, my Son's old one had the Skoda badge but no idea whether it was a factory or aftermarket option

Can't say I've heard of a GLXiE plus either! There was an LXiE Plus, which I think just had a few trim changes - such as centre console (not standard in the LXi model).

I think they've basically got it all wrong.There never was a GLXie Plus, let alone one that had upgraded suspension etc!The car in the pictures is an LXie Plus, which sat in the middle of the Favorit range, having a stereo and wheeltrims in addition to the LXie spec.

That would all seem to go along with no rev counter too. Was thinking there was a whole new model for a short time :D

The car may not even be the e plus model with a 67bhp engine.

The car pictured was first registered in May 1994. The e plus models were in production from June 94.

Skoda did different add on "packs" e.g. my dad got the flairline which included wheel trims, stereo and rev counter on top of standard LXiE. There were Silverline, Blackline and CD (came with CD player - not bad for 1995!) editions

120mph with a standard 67bhp engine isn't just "a bit" optomistic, it's impossible!! I see no reason why that engine shouldn't tune to about 120bhp though, when 120mph is possible (but not much more, because it will be revving out).

(space.bar.broke.cuz.i.spilt.a.full.pint.over.my.l aptop)

What a waste, how did you get the space in l aptop :P

the one advertised imho is an LXi with a badge

I absolutely agree

• 1 year later...

I have an N reg flairline with alloys and fog lights,but only my side lights and main beam work,when i press the headlight button the headlights do not come on,how do i fault find this all the fuses are ok.

I have an N reg flairline with alloys and fog lights,but only my side lights and main beam work,when i press the headlight button the headlights do not come on,how do i fault find this all the fuses are ok.

If you cannot hear the relay click in the fusebox as you press the button, then the switch or the relay is faulty.

In the fusebox there are 3 relays in a column on the left and 3 on the right. All these relays are interchangeable. Top right should be the headlight dipped beam one. Swap this with any of the others. If lights then work problem is the relay.

The switch itself is *very* easy to change compared with other cars. Undo the screw to the left of the instrument panel. The whole switch panel can then be pulled out and the connectors disconnected (don't worry about remembering which go where as they'll only connect one way). Then changing the switch is simply a case of pulling the cap off at the front, and bending back the metal tabs which hold the switch in place - then just bend them back with the new switch in place and put everything back together.

Edit: or even better if you can get an entire switch panel from a scrappie you just have to swap that over (but make sure it uses the same connectors as yours as they come in a variety of different types).

Skoda did different add on "packs" e.g. my dad got the flairline which included wheel trims, stereo and rev counter on top of standard LXiE. There were Silverline, Blackline and CD (came with CD player - not bad for 1995!) editions

flairline came with alloys...

Thanks again, really good thorough advice worked fine.

In the fusebox there are 3 relays in a column on the left and 3 on the right. All these relays are interchangeable. Top right should be the headlight dipped beam one. Swap this with any of the others. If lights then work problem is the relay.

The switch itself is *very* easy to change compared with other cars. Undo the screw to the left of the instrument panel. The whole switch panel can then be pulled out and the connectors disconnected (don't worry about remembering which go where as they'll only connect one way). Then changing the switch is simply a case of pulling the cap off at the front, and bending back the metal tabs which hold the switch in place - then just bend them back with the new switch in place and put everything back together.

Edit: or even better if you can get an entire switch panel from a scrappie you just have to swap that over (but make sure it uses the same connectors as yours as they come in a variety of different types).