Scooby to VRS

hell no!! :D

i seem to remember winning a briskoda award last time i took ecto1 to trax :D

at the last RR before i destroyed the transmission the barge made about 285lbft, 240bhp and more smoke than jasons car!! can't wait for the next one ;)

I drive a Fabia VRS and an Impreza P1. Previous day-to-day car was a Citroen AX GT.

Impreza corners and brakes flat, ultimately, the back end feels adjustable under provocation.

Fabia VRS, standard. Nose dives quite remarkably under heavy braking, which gives the impression you are slowing down quicker than you really are. Leans a bit in the corners, though not massively. Power-off through power-on transitions mid corner seemed to cause real problem for the stock rear suspension leading to lurching and a "WTF!" moment or two.

A rear ARB is a must have IMO, if you're going to drive enthusiastically. For all that it cures a lot of the rear suspension woes, it also helps keep the opposite front wheel down, keeps the car flatter and allows power to be fed in more quickly.

I think a re-springing is about the only thing that will cure the nose-dive under braking. Or buy one ready modded.

J.

Thanks for the thorough answer, much appreciated!

It's good to know that I can sort the power-off/on corner lurching with a simple mod.

Guess I'll have to see how bad the nose diving is when I test drive

mine outhandled a lot of the scoobs on a recent west yorkshire imprezza owners club trackday,contrary to popular belief you can get them to handle awesomely

lot also depends on the driver too, in standard form the fabia isn't the best handling but i'll still throw it round a bend with the foot down, just mke sure ASR is off :thumbup:

Power-off through power-on transitions mid corner seemed to cause real problem for the stock rear suspension leading to lurching and a "WTF!" moment or two.
:rofl:

How about a Focus TDCI?

lovely cars to drive them focuseseseseseses, if you get the right one its basically an ST170 to look at inside and out but with a diesel engine, doesn't handle the same as the ST170 had some parts different on the geometery etc.

lot also depends on the driver too, in standard form the fabia isn't the best handling but i'll still throw it round a bend with the foot down, just mke sure ASR is off :thumbup:

:rofl:

as everyone saw at trax,i couldn't drive a nail through wood,its all the car baby:thumbup:

Thanks for the thorough answer, much appreciated!

It's good to know that I can sort the power-off/on corner lurching with a simple mod.

Guess I'll have to see how bad the nose diving is when I test drive

I bought the car I test drove. I treated it too nicely with the be-suited sales bloke sitting next to me. Found out about the dive/tilt when I started trying to drive it properly....

J.

lovely cars to drive them focuseseseseseses, if you get the right one its basically an ST170 to look at inside and out but with a diesel engine, doesn't handle the same as the ST170 had some parts different on the geometery etc.

I love the look of the 170's but never considered them because I thought they didn't do a diesel in the same trim. Anyone know the model of the diesel version?

TBH I keep coming back to the fabia but everything deserves a look hey

I bought the car I test drove. I treated it too nicely with the be-suited sales bloke sitting next to me. Found out about the dive/tilt when I started trying to drive it properly....

J.

Yeah I'm not sure they'd let me out on my own, I know some of the more exec car places let you if you leave your licence with them

I came from an Impreza to an Octavia, and am now on a Fabia.

I would definately say, apart from the sound, the Fabia is a more entertaining car to drive. (and cheaper) :)

I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that on the UK roads a hot hatch is a lot more fun than an Impreza.

I used to have an XR2i before and that was loads more fun, if it weren't for the reliability factor I'd be looking along those lines again :)

not sure myself, my octavia is running a decent amount of power and it was great fun before i broke it and should be great fun when i finally my A$$ into gear and fix it :D

i also find my little mazda fun and thats a little AWD 1.6T :D

not sure myself, my octavia is running a decent amount of power and it was great fun before i broke it and should be great fun when i finally my A$$ into gear and fix it :D

i also find my little mazda fun and thats a little AWD 1.6T :D

Oh my god I'm not getting old am I... I'm only 24 :D

It's not AWD that i don't like, I think its great. The only place I can really put my impreza to good use is on a track. On a road , a couple of gears and no time at all and you have to back off because you've already hit silly speeds