hello - newbie with maybe a daft question?

chewitt

just acquired a Fab - ia VRS and wondered why the badges on my car have a turquoise "skoda bird thing" rather than a green one like all the others?

or am i not special

??:confused::eek:

Its refered to as the Winged arrow

Hiya.

I think the Skoda badges are enamelled. If I'm right, the most likely explanation is that you've got badges from a batch that had an unusual pigment mix in them.

There's no such thing as a "daft question", just questions you don't know the answer to, as long as you don't ask it several times with the same answer each one!

There's no such thing as a "daft question", just questions you don't know the answer to, as long as you don't ask it several times with the same answer each one!

Oh I don't know: why can a bird fly, when a fly can't bird? :P

I reckon your car is a very careful chinese copy - its not really a Skoda but something called a Skado - they're that good the only mistake they made copying the blurry MPEG picture they had was in the badge colouring.....

I reckon your car is a very careful chinese copy - its not really a Skoda but something called a Skado - they're that good the only mistake they made copying the blurry MPEG picture they had was in the badge colouring.....

:rofl:

My mk1 fab started off with the usual green badge, but due to having no garage, the front badge slowly turned turquoise.

I always reverse park up to the house, so the rear stayed green. your previous owner may not have been so picky/anal/obsessive.

:thumbup:

Billy