• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parents had a Cavalier sports hatch in blue like this

fullblogs200710_10.jpg

Then a MK1 Astra GTE in blue but it never had the irmsher grill

astra1bb4web.jpg

Some pikey the sicked it so had a Citroen BX in blue but was a darker colour than this one

800px-Citroen_BX_14_RE_1987.jpg

After that a Vauxhall Carlton CDX sadly it wasnt a Lotus one :(

lotus-carlton-side-1_155.jpg

The he bought a scooby and still has it

First car I remember was a MK1 Cavalier like this:

1980_cavalier.jpg

But in white with a red interior! Since then he's had in rough order:

MG Metro

Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia

Ford Sierra something

Ford Granada Something

A few Vauxhall Astras

Loads of Vectras

Currently has a 55 Plate Passat and wonders why he had so many Vectras!

I've never driven anything other than company or hire V@*xh@11s since the one Ascona mentioned (qv) in 1982 to 85, and just don't understand why anyone would spend their own money on an FWD example.

My parents first car wa a blue robin reliant :o . It didn't have seats in the back, so my Dad made some - all very well but when he braked the back of the seats fell forward!!!! :rolleyes: . My mum now drives a white corsa.

I think their (great??) style choices have been passed to me - my first car was a white Lada :insane:. Still The Stig has helped me out and my next car will be a bit ;) better.

My parents first car wa a blue robin reliant :o . It didn't have seats in the back, so my Dad made some - all very well but when he braked the back of the seats fell forward!!!! :rolleyes: . My mum now drives a white corsa.

I think their (great??) style choices have been passed to me - my first car was a white Lada :insane:. Still The Stig has helped me out and my next car will be a bit ;) better.

Which reminds me of a tale from before I was born.

My mum was learning to drive on my granddad's Austin A30. Before she went for the test, he checked the brake balance and adjusted the brakes. When she did her emergency stop,, the rear seatback folded itself forwards with a bang!! (She still passed)

I am no longer the Stig dear, you keep forgetting. :o