Fabia 2 vRS.....Interested?

Guys and gals,

Lot of talk about this lately and we now know it aint coming for a good long time.

But....if you could get one, is it worth £14k brand new in todays money at 135/140bhp, lowered by 30mm with met paint, tinted glass and a few other toys?

I need some feedback for a 'project'.

Cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well , Im guessing the 'real thing' when it comes will be touching £15K , would your £14K budget come with 17" wheels , I suspect the vRS will be wearing this size? Are you thinking of modding a 1.9TDi Sport or something?

Optimistically too high or low?

Price will include 17s and low profile tyre of your choice (too an extent!)

Based on a modded Sport 1.9 TDi so will have all the standard Sport bits.

Would in theory be available in around a month

Base price of the Fabia sport is just under 12K for the 1.6 petrol and just under 13K for the 1.9 TDi. I'd have thought that any vRS would therefore probably come in nearer 15K for a diesel version, maybe around 14K for a petrol one. Would expect met. paint to be a cost option on top of those prices too.

If the Octavia vRS is meant to be the daddy of the Skoda sporting range then obviously the new Furby vRS will have to have less power.

Hence the Octavia MkI vRS has 150bhp and the Fabia MkI vRS has 130bhp. But with the MkII Octavia Diesel vRS having the PD170 surely they will see it in their wisdom to give the Furby the already existing PD150 1.9 TDi ?? There was also talk if I remember rightly about them putting the 1.4 TSi Turbo-Supercharged petrol in the next Fabia vRS?

So let me get this right, you are a dealer seeing if a "dealer special" vRS wannabee car will sell??

I say get one done and test the water! :)

Pretty much, yeah,

Price will come in at under £15k, but final specs are being worked on at the minute.

i think once u print the exact spec mate you will get a lot more response as people will know exactly what there getttin for there hard earned money

i personally wouldn't go for something like that as for 15k i would rather get a SE and spend some money on that :D

without the 6th gear it just wont feel as special imoa. i love getting into the old vrs and seeing that 6th gear just waiting to be used :)

thought about doing a sport vrs type thing, but its the cost. even doing the car at a much lower price, theres very little incentive to do it. but that doesnt mean im going to stop bugging my manager for one :D

I personally think its good that a delaer is thinking of going along these lines , Ok it wont be a vRS , but it will be a decent compromise untill the real thing comes out. I take it all the mods wont hurt the warranty?

By the way , do you actually have a White Marina? lol!

I personally think its good that a delaer is thinking of going along these lines , Ok it wont be a vRS , but it will be a decent compromise untill the real thing comes out. I take it all the mods wont hurt the warranty?

By the way , do you actually have a White Marina? lol!

it would be upto the dealers. but ive spoken to my worhshops and if we did do a "vrs" with lowered suspension, revo box, and maybe different wheels they would be fitting those so would be happy to sort the warranty out too.

ive got a storm blue with white roof 1.9tdi out the back and im practically pulling the bosses arm off to get him to do it :D

ive got a storm blue with white roof 1.9tdi out the back and im practically pulling the bosses arm off to get him to do it :D

Put the kettle on I'll be over for a test drive :D

It was only a matter of time before people started tinkering with the PD105. But since it's a turbo diesel like the rest surely sky's the limit when you start having turbo changes, intercoolers bigger than your house etc.

If he gets his finger out we could get a spec sheet with photies and a good idea of price late next week.

I think we can sudsidise the warranty liability to 'top up' any liability / additonal cover needed for the upgrade (but please do not quote me on this yet. We have not finalised it.)

Will be interested to see what anyone thinks when I can give you all the details.