Please report your Fabia II mpg here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm a recent owner of a Fabia estate 25K miles (late 2005) 1.4 litre petrol.

It's driven about 10 miles each way through hilly terrain on single track roads @ about 40MPH - aircon off 41MPG. aircon on 37MPG.

One trip mostly motorway to North Yorkshire via M25 and M1 from the south coast- usual traffic conditions. Inermittent use of aircon (going) 49MPG. Return with aircon running continuously 43MPG - yep we had a warm day this year!.

I am happy with that, compared to my previous car (Renault Laguna) 1.6 never acheived more than 32MPG anywhere!

If people would only not use my car to stop their shopping trollies in supermarket car parks I would be really happy!!!

Fabia Greenline.........

52 miles this morning - average of 90.7mpg :D

Cars just rolled over 1000 miles

That really is trying, 56mph for 48 miles on M62 and 5 miles getting on / off the motorway.

Usual average is around 80mpg but it spends most of its life on Motorways

~LH

Fabia 1.2

Used for Driving lessons - not much on the motorway.

I never re-set the computer - letting it run round for the full 100 hours - Current Average 43.9 which is as good as its ever been 42.3 has been common in the past.

Seriously considering 1.4tdi next - possibly Greenline. Car has been totally reliable so far - even the clutch - which is amazing given the number of pupils who've used and abused it!

Edited by One small step
car not a fabia II

1.9 tdi fabia 3 ,8000 mls norwich london and return, nat speed limit 58.8

Edited by mellyboy

Mrs Stigs 1.9 tdi Sport on a run to RAF Lakenheath from Maidstone the other day 56 to 57 mpg over a 220 mile run at the speed limits. Used just under 1/4 of a tank :D:thumbup::D:thumbup:

51 plate 1.9SDi, Classic Estate, 42K on the clock.

Had it a week now and fuel consumption was 271 miles at 65mpg.

I am a Community Nurse and most driving is on A and B roads.

Going to be towing our caravan for a couple of weeks so a report on that consumption will follow.

Quick update on mine -

Just done 2 trips from Coventry to Mansfield and back and then to Nottingham and back. Mansfield trip gave me 64mpg (driving fairly gently, 3-up, aircon on coming back).

Nottingham trip gave me 61mpg (driving a bit quicker, 3-up, aircon on all the way).

Still generally getting at least 50mpg round town. Engine is starting to loosen up a little now (2500 miles) and the performance is pretty impressive too (especially the big torque whoosh that kicks in at about 1800rpm!!!)

Fabia II 1.9 TDI with DPF.

64.6 mpg, respecting limits ( or 17 Km with one liter).

Car says 5 Liter/100km, that means 20 km/liter but the real fuel to fuel calculated gives me 17km/liter.

So 17x3.8 =64.6 miles per gallon .

Very good.

Swopped my old Fab 1.4v 16v (adv 44 mpg) for a new FABIA 2 1.4TDI in June 08. Just completed 3500 miles in four months and reading is at 63.5 adv. mpg.

I have a daily journey of 18 miles M1 and 4 miles ordinary roads and regulary get into the low seventies on this run with a carefull drive at a maximum of 60mph.

Its a completely different drive to the old 16v petrol but once you get used to the differing power bands it really seems very lively. In the early days, the temptation was to leave the car in 3rd gear for too long as its by far the most flexible ratio. Having got over this and worked at my driving style this car continues to reward careful driving with excellent results.

Ted

Fabia 2 1.2 70hp @ 5200 miles

Just bought the car-one previous owner who hadn't done 5000 in one year- must have only been to the shops so I think I may have some more running-in to do yet.So far it's been between 37 and 40mpg but I believe the car will do much better now it's had its first service and with a few more miles under its belt.

Update as at 27 Sep-now improved given a bit of suitable running-in:

44mpg as of last fill-up.:thumbup:

Further update-now up to 46mpg on longer runs but does dip noticeably in town/short trips/use of air-con;not too surprising really.

Edited by [email protected]

Fabia II 1.9 TDI with DPF.

64.6 mpg, respecting limits ( or 17 Km with one liter).

Car says 5 Liter/100km, that means 20 km/liter but the real fuel to fuel calculated gives me 17km/liter.

So 17x3.8 =64.6 miles per gallon .

Very good.

I make 17 km/litre = 48 mpg

17 /1.609 (km/mile) = 10.566 miles/litre

10.566 x 4.546 (litres/UK gallon) = 48.03 mpg

I am about to collect my 1.9 TDI Fabia 2 estate and would hope to get over 50 mpg from it, which is a lot better than my present 22 mpg (12.8 litres/100km) in the Impreza.

Regards,

John

Fabia Sport 1.4 80HP TDi (white) with 2000 miles on the clock.

Been driving with a very light right foot, as per the manual not accelerating hard, changing from first gear within 1 cars length, & changing up at 2000 rpm.

Result:- Brimming the tank from the same pump as I intilialy filled up from - 55.2 MPG.

This time I am reverting to my slightly more 'Brisk' style and will see what happens - however I feel the 1.4TDi gets thirsty at anything over 60MPH.

Overall I am still delighted with the car.

Update.........

family week end to Alton Towers, 530+ miles on one tank on motorways A roads and some cracking B roads. All with 3 persons on board, heavy hold all with kit, air con on sat nav being used and Guns n Roses on farly loud :thumbup: Average of 57.8 mpg :D

I make 17 km/litre = 48 mpg

17 /1.609 (km/mile) = 10.566 miles/litre

10.566 x 4.546 (litres/UK gallon) = 48.03 mpg

I am about to collect my 1.9 TDI Fabia 2 estate and would hope to get over 50 mpg from it, which is a lot better than my present 22 mpg (12.8 litres/100km) in the Impreza.

Regards,

John

Hi John,

thanks for correcting my wrong calculations,

Actually my last refuel gave 761 km with 41 litres, it's 18,56 km/litre.

So 18,56/1,609 = 11,35 miles/litre.

11.35* 4,546 = 52,44 mpg.

I'ts getting better , now i have 2601 miles on the car and i'm happier and happier.

Moreover when you need to push.... it really goes fast.