kkk turbo same as k30s

I have put in new engine with a kkk turbo on it but the old engine has k30s on it are they the same?

The problem i'm having is a flat spot and was wondering if this was to do with the turbo, i've checked all pipe work and it looks good and tight!

Any ideas

It boosts ok then goes flat then boosts again, the turbo can be heard quiet loud but i'm not sure if its any louder than the old unit

Cheers for any suggestions

what engine is it? what car is it from and how old is it?

it could well have a K03 on it as oppose to a K03s, the only way to tell off the top of my head is to look at the impellor but i won't even suggest i know everything about them, i think though the K03 had 4 blades and the K03s had 8, i think.

KKK is the brand name (borg and warner iirc)

Ko3s is the product name, as bengie says there is 2 types that relate to octavia's

I assume your talking about a vrs which should be fitted with a ko3s or "normal" 1.8t which uses the ko3

as bengie says I'm no expert either so don't hold me to all this info :)

I thought that there were two versions of the KO3S a so called silenced and unsilenced version?

The part number will be a definite way of telling

the old one is a 2005 vrs mk1 the new engine with the turbo is unknown i'm told 04, the old engine's turbo has K03 on the blue tab and the new engine has kkk on the blue tab then just serial numbers, would it make a difference???

every 1.8t in an octavia after march 2001 had a K03s.

it was only the 1.8t slxi from the pre facelift octavia that had a K03 turbo.

so if your turbo is from a octavia vRS then it'll be the same turbo and the silenced turbo's made no difference really to anything.

every 1.8t in an octavia after march 2001 had a K03s.

it was only the 1.8t slxi from the pre facelift octavia that had a K03 turbo.

so if your turbo is from a octavia vRS then it'll be the same turbo and the silenced turbo's made no difference really to anything.

Ah ha so I was wrong :)

As said I'm no expert:O

• 2 years later...

My serial number is K5304 101 5089.

Can you please tell me if this is a K04 or a K03s for a 1.8T

It does has 8 blades

KO3 has 12 blades

KO3s has 8 blades

KO4 has 10 (as do most KO3 hybrids).

Ergo you have a KO3s.

KO3 has 12 blades

KO3s has 8 blades

KO4 has 10 (as do most KO3 hybrids).

Ergo you have a KO3s.

No.... I had contact with the stock repl. 5303 is K03 / K03s 5304 is a K04... aswell a K024 is.. 5324...

:)