Unit 1

Attwood Road

Zone 1 Burntwood Business Park

Burntwood

Staffordshire

WS7 3GJ

Tel: 01543 450000

Services: New, Used, Repair

I've had mixed experience with Autosales Cannock. Some of it is (edit- was) listed against their Bilston branch, so now there's a thread for Cannock, I'll include it here. Sales staff good, aftersales not so good. The new showroom is much better than the old one.

I've found the sales staff very good (sensible part-x, easy to deal with, professional, varied and decent test drive), the service staff not so good- a slight lack of attention to detail (I had to return to get the book stamped, for example).

The worst aspect has been warranty issues: I have the common paint peel on the vRS front bumper, and the after-sales manager refused to pass it through to Skoda UK, saying the bumper had been repaired- I've since had it inspected by a SUK approved bodyshop, and they disagree. When I contacted Skoda UK, he just failed to return several calls instead.

Edited by cjb

much as above good sales, helpfull branch manager, service organisation and customer service within service department rubbish, awaiting delivery of new octavia vrs it will not be visiting cannock i will try bilston.

Had our Fabia 2 serviced at new premises recently. Huge improvement over old building. Nothing to complain about except they wouldn't let me have the race blue vrs as acourstey car - had to make do with an 08 Fabia Estate TDI.

Andy

I had my first service done at Autosales Cannock. I can vouch that they did not change the oil-infact they did not even touch it! Also they did not stamp the service schedule. Rang up and complained-they did nothing. So I topped it up. As for the service schedule went in about a week later-obligingly they stamped the book!

A month ago I had to take it in for the second service-Autosales Cannock (Burntwood showroom) Handed the keys to reception and made a point of telling them (in front of other customers) that I had to top up the oil last time-make sure they change this time!

Got my car back nearly two hours later-as opposed to an hour last time and all was good. They changed the oil-and stamped the book. Generally did a good job.

There is a certain member of staff I will not be having dealings with again. Apart from that a much improved customer service and showroom.

Edited by bumface

• 7 months later...

absolute tosh:mad: do not use!!

went in for warranty work.. picked up the car got half mile down road and realized

engine management warning light was on, had to turn round and go back, not even a

hint of an apolagy from their arrogant service guy.. anyway 2 days later original fault

(squeaky engine noise) was still present so had to book in again!!

4 days later went to pick up car again, this time got 50 yards down road to find they

had not put turbo pipe back on!!doohhh. again no apolagy just the usual arrogant swagger from useless service guy!!

also on both occasions car left in right state with oily fingerprints all over wings, doors,

engine bay covers etc and Steering wheel!!!!( this really annoyed me as i take great pride in cleaning my car)!!!

i hope this stops people shelling out for their crap service, if i cost them just one customer this will have been well worth the effort!!

feww:eek: rant over and out...

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I've had the same poor experience from service staff at this particular dealership. The sales staff on the other hand are reasonably good and normally do a good deal if your'e looking for new or used car in terms of a Skoda, but the SERVICE STAFF are another story alltogether.

1) They don't greet the customer when you walk in the showroom

2) They are against doing any warranty work of any kind if they can avoid it...,

3) They never phone you back to tell you your car's ready.

4) They are useless at diagnosing faults, even when their staring them in the face..

5) The service manager (after sales manager) is completeley devoid of any kind of customer service training as are the rest of his team.

If you've been to this garage for servicing or any other type of work then all of the above will sound familiar to you.

In the end the only way to resolve outstanding issues is to involve Skoda Customer Services.

If you want to buy a Skoda from Autosales, then you'll have a reasonably pleasant experience in doing so, but if you want anything serviced then you would do well to avoid this dealership alltogether!

P.S. After reading some of the glowing comments about ****************, who seem to have customer service as their FIRST PRIORITY, Autosales would benefit greatly from taking a 'leaf out of their book' !

Edited by DGW
Inappropriate mention of another dealer deleted.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

They had my Superb in to fix the well known leaking pollen filter and to carry out a service.

They said they would remove all the carpets and dry them out, but instead they sent the car back within 24 hours saying they had completed a full service, dried out the car, renewed the front brake pads and repaired the pollen filter. The car came back soaking wet and with the brake warning light on....... so it went back..... on its return and after some rain it was soaking wet againemoticon-0106-crying.gif....... so it went back again....... it then came back, this time with the airbag faulty light on (their driver didn't even notice it was on!)emoticon-0106-crying.gif....... so it went to another more local ex skoda garage to have airbag reset but the diao said that the satnav was faulty! I checked and it said that the car was in the Birmingham area, just down the road from this garage. Autosales said that it had nothing to do with themB), and it was pure coincidence.

I complained to Skoda uk and then the car was taken to ******* in ******* who fixed the leak (which had not been repaired correctly by Autosales) and repaired the damaged satnav cables, ******* also put my case forward for me and saved me a lot of money.

Edited by davepud
Inappropriate recommendation and mention of another dealer deleted.

• 5 months later...

i think they are same dealership ,went in recently to cannock and spoke to service guy behind counter, spares guy geof was sound .have had dealings with bilston and will never have anything to do with them again ,as they and treat you like a fool

Edited by BigW
Removed swearfilter workaround and personal insult.

• 10 months later...

Recently traded in my Skoda Fabia MK1 1.4 classic & Brought a Skoda Fabia MK2 Sport.

I Had NO problems when part ex (quite a good price) & arranging a collection of the new vehicle, the finance deal they offered was good but i managed to bully my bank into a better deal.

Sales staff were brilliant, recently used it for a service too & have no problems to report. Maybe the guy at fault on previous reviews has gone? or was on a day off.

all in very good & smooth transaction.

• 1 month later...

Good and helpful Sales staff, but when it comes to the Service team...

Bought an Octavia Estate Ambiente 1.9TDi from them last year. The car was just over four years old. No complaints at all about the vehicle - most efficient I've ever owned.

Since then I've moved out of the area. A had a call (from a Wolverhampton number, so I assume it was the other dealership site over that way) advising me that the cambelt needed replacing, as this should be done every four years or 80k miles.

It was only after I rang off that I thought "Hang on, the car was over four years old when I bought it..."

When sold the car, I was told it would be fully serviced. In my eyes, that means replacing any components that are due to be replaced.

A very helpful and apologetic chap at Skoda Customer Care has told me there's nothing they can do, but that Autosales have "generously" offered to do the work at a much reduced cost. This is an extremely easy promise for them to make, as they know damn well I'm not going to take time off work to take a 300 mile round trip to get the work done.

Very, very poor service indeed.

Edited by JohnK

• 4 months later...

My views on Cannock dealership

I have been the owner of a Skoda now for almost 15+ years and have always used them for sevicing and repairs (previous car felicia est.) I have never had any problems with any aspect of servicing or repairs of my cars (except maybe the prices ) ALL times the repairs have been carried out they have come in on time and on budget and will continue to use them ALL Cars wherever possible are fully road tested BEFORE handing back to the customer MAILSHOTS come from the Bilston dealership NOT Cannock and as for stuff failing as soon as it leaves the dealership i cant see that ever happening the staff and mechanics are true professionals and KNOW what they are doing under the bonnet of a car

• 2 months later...

Autosales attempted on 5 occasions to repair the electric seat on my brand-new Yeti. They fibbed and fobbed me off and, even with SUK involved, could not effect a repair. I overheard the mechanic (?) say he was sick of this vehicle.

The inconvenience all this caused I cannot put into words. I'll give you two guesses as to whether any syllable of an apology was uttered by them.

After very many calls from SUK, I got the vibes that another Skoda garage would be a better bet. I did this and was sorted out with a superb attitude by professional staff this time. The faulty part was discovered within the back-rest of the seat, changed, and now all works perfectly.

I will not use Autosales for any servicing or repair again while I inhabit this planet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My experience of this dealer so far:

About a year and a half ago we were looking to get a new car for the wife and we arranged a test drive in the Octavia VRS they were very friendly and helpful, which considering they knew she would be getting the car as a lease car through the NHS the car would come from somewhere else if we went for an Octavia due to the car being sourced via whatever dealership the leasing company use. We ended up getting a Mazda 6 Sport estate instead simply due to lead times, we would of had to wait 6 months for the Octavia VRS Estate, the Mazda was in stock.

Then just a few weeks ago I arranged a test drive in a Fabia 1.2 Monte Carlo and Octavia 1.6Tdi SE as I had seen to excellent deals though the leasing company I work for. Again they were very friendly even took the time to run some prices themselves just to check, after me already saying probably would not bother wasting your time as I know its a fantastic offer already I work in a leasing company.

Then when my new Fabia Monte Carlo arrived from a dealer in Leeds I found there was a defect in the paintwork on the rear bumper, so took it down to them and they were again very friendly and sorted all the paperwork to send off to Skoda about warranty job to get it sorted.

I do plan on having servicing done there so will let you know how things go.

Edited by John Eva

Just to update you further on my issue with the paint on the rear bumper.

Skoda had rejected the warranty claim, at this point I was thinking oh no here we go they are not going to do anything about it and I am going to have a nightmare battle to try and get this issue resolved.

I was so wrong, Varron the after sales manager who delt with me when I went in with this issue explained to me they rejected it due to, they say its actually a sweating issue due to the protective cover they put over the paint work for transporting from the factory, its normally a problem when thats left on too long.

He went on to explain normally will clear up if it gets warm enough sometimes direct sunlight is enough but normally the recommended proceedure is to warm it up with a hair dryer and this will fix the issue. Due to it not being warranty I was concerned this would of course cost me to get them to do it, to which he replied no dont worry bring it down and they will sort it as its not my fault.

Very impressed!!!

It needs cleaning and planned giving it a good clean at the weekend anyway so once I have done that will check its not cleared itself up, then take it in next week if need be.

Edited by John Eva

• 11 months later...

Mods, please move this to the Bilston post.

I have been using Autosales Bilston for servicing for 4 years and not really had a problem other than a repeated attempt to resolve  suspension clunk that got resolved on a 3rd routine service visit.

I found out today that they have ceased as a Skoda dealer and now concentrate on Suzuki and added Mitsubishi, I have been directed to Trust Wolverhampton or sister branch Autosales Cannock.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I bought my VRS from this dealer and the sales staff were pleasant and friendly.

However whenever I have needed to have any work done (I unfortunately purchased black chome alloys on my VRS and they suffer heavily from corrosion), I found the service staff to be extemely unhelpful and the customer service to be appalling. This is the complete opposite of every other skoda dealership I have dealt with, where in general aftersales is excellent.

I would not recommend this dealer in the in the slightest, you are much better off taking your business elsewhere.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

....so, my experience....

I first popped into Autosales Burntwood about 5 years ago - having previously bought a car from an online broker - who supplied it via a local dealer.  I got a very short 'no' answer - too short....but anyway, I left and bought elsewhere.  Went back in 2.5 yrs ago - and just didn't feel the love from the sales team - so bought a Kia from down the road.

Updated - went in 6ish weeks ago - wanted to look at Superb estates - was watching a few on ebay...had the keys to one - had a look round...and convinced me I wanted one.  Was watching their stock list and a greenline elegance came in - which is the exact model I wanted.  Booked a test drive...went in...met the dealer principal (Roy) - who was brilliant (genuine and knowledgable).  Deal was done.  

I've been back twice since - had an issue with the wipers and needed a spare key re-coding....both times I cannot fault them.  Really pleased - and will no doubt be back when my wife's car needs replacing.

10/10...

• 6 months later...

ive had 3 new cars from bilston so poped to burtwood to look at the rapid spaced and ask about the new fabia estate

they seem ok but i mite buy my estate from trust wolverhamton i think i had a octavia estate ask burtwood to get me a vet

for the dash told me it was there but never rang me back to get it fitted so i did not have it done

but i mite pop back just to look at the new estate and get a qoute for my car

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first service today at Autosales Burntwood - and it really was first class.  Some issues with the Skoda badges..changed under warranty.  Polite, helpful, good price....  I'm very happy.  Well done!

• 2 months later...

If they can get my octavia repaired to a new condition (they sold me a terribly made new car) and also offer me a generous compensation package then I will quite possibly sing their praises.

If they fail to deliver then my future comments regarding Autosales cannock will be very different indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks later the car I purchased is still residing with the dealer to fix all the problems. Innacurate or misleading time estimates, slow in providing documents when asked for. They seem naive at times.

Will never go near them again and will never recommend them. 0/10

Experts in ruining new customer relations though. 10/10