Fog light not working

tel boy

Just fitted new rear lights to my fabia vrs and my offside rear fog light is not working so I switched bulbs over and still not working, upon inspection I noticed 6 wires going into the plastic connection on the drivers rear light and 5 wires going into the offside connection is this normal, or should I have 6 wires on both sides going into the connections.

Just for clarrification 6 wires on both rear light leave the housing on the lights, but only 5 enter the plastic housing on the offside rear connection.

HELP!

Just fitted new rear lights to my fabia vrs and my offside rear fog light is not working so I switched bulbs over and still not working, upon inspection I noticed 6 wires going into the plastic connection on the drivers rear light and 5 wires going into the offside connection is this normal, or should I have 6 wires on both sides going into the connections.

Just for clarrification 6 wires on both rear light leave the housing on the lights, but only 5 enter the plastic housing on the offside rear connection.

HELP!

Hi Tel boy

6 wires going into the plastic connection on the drivers rear light and 5 wires going into the offside connection is this normal, Yes this correct, have you checked if you have voltage on the 6th wire (when the fogs are on) and if so poss the bulb.

If you want to get the nearside lamp working you need to wire a link from the offside, (or if you are crafty you can trace the colour and connect a wire from the loom just infront of the nearside rear lamp cluster

Radiotwo

Thanks for the reply but my fog light works on the drivers side, so I switched bulbs and the drivers side still works, but passenger side does not work and I noticed it only has 5 wires going into the plastic connection on the passenger side so really confussed car just gone three years old as well.

Any ideas?

Yeah as said above only the one rear fog lamp is wired up hence there being an extra wire on the driver side rear cluster.

If you want the passenger side fog light to work you will have to wire it up either by running a wire from the other fog light or wiring from the loom.

Should be a guide on here somewhere, I was going to do it but never got round to it

Edited by VRS_1989

It was probably a previous owner that put a bulb in thinking the nearside would then work. It's cost saving exercise at Skoda why the wiring is not there, all the car makers do that these days as only one foglight is required in the UK.

Just 2yards off wire and a couple of skotchloks is all that is required to liven the nearside up.

It was probably a previous owner that put a bulb in thinking the nearside would then work.

Nope - IIRC they all came from the factory with the bulb fitted - proabably more hassle on the production line to have two sets of lights to choose from depending on RHD or LHD. Just means you have a spare to hand...:D

Nope - IIRC they all came from the factory with the bulb fitted - proabably more hassle on the production line to have two sets of lights to choose from depending on RHD or LHD. Just means you have a spare to hand...:D

You mean they didn't save money on bulbs! I'll report them to the VAG boss.