Parking Sensors Not Working

Help, my OEM parking sensors have packed up!

I engage reverse and nothing happens; no beep, no picture of the car on the screen, nothing.

They were working fine last week, then the snow meant I couldn't use the car for a week. The next time I used the car, the sensors were not working, but by the the time I had got to work, they were working again. Then a few days later, they've stopped working completely, and haven't worked since.

Any thoughts on what on earth is going on? I beginning to wish I'd stuck to my Renault! emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Edited by Karlos69

Mine have always worked - well; right up until the point at which they totally ignored the jagged concrete post I couldn't see in the dark - the damage to the bumper is a mere 2 inches from the offside sensor - grumble grumble grumble - Oh and they still work fine now.

Are these Skoda or aftermarket?

My £18 ebay set have worked reliably through the winter, just rub the snow/ice off and away you go. Bought a second kit for same price to use for spares.

If the system makes no noise at all then sounds like its lost power - maybe water got into a connector in the boot?

Are these Skoda or aftermarket?

My £18 ebay set have worked reliably through the winter, just rub the snow/ice off and away you go. Bought a second kit for same price to use for spares.

If the system makes no noise at all then sounds like its lost power - maybe water got into a connector in the boot?

They are Skoda factory-fit sensors. There is no sound at all, as if they're not there.

I did have the dreaded rear-washer pipe come apart in the region behind the nearside rear wheelarch, but it was like that for 3 weeks before I managed to fix it.

Since I fixed the pipe, the sensors haven't worked, so do you think I may have disconnected something down there by accident?

They are Skoda factory-fit sensors. There is no sound at all, as if they're not there.

I did have the dreaded rear-washer pipe come apart in the region behind the nearside rear wheelarch, but it was like that for 3 weeks before I managed to fix it.

Since I fixed the pipe, the sensors haven't worked, so do you think I may have disconnected something down there by accident?

I had intermittent problems with my factory fitted rear sensors.....dealers sorted it. Not sure what they replaced but its been perfect ever since in all weathers.

I think the NS rear wheel arch is where the parking sensor module is located, so you may have disconnected something or the washer water leaked into the unit or its connectors...?

Oh joy. That sounds like I'm going to have to rip out the carpet yet again.

Does anyone know exactly where the sensor module is around there? I don't suppose anybody's got any pics?

Its just that I don't remember seeing a lot down there, other than a split pipe.

Oh joy. That sounds like I'm going to have to rip out the carpet yet again.

Does anyone know exactly where the sensor module is around there? I don't suppose anybody's got any pics?

Its just that I don't remember seeing a lot down there, other than a split pipe.

There's a connection point for washer right above the Sensor control module. It's bascially secured to the left wheelarch. Need to unscrew the netting secure points. Remove the plastic section around bootlock stricker (undo 2 nuts the pull upwards), you'll also have to unscrew bag hook thing. Then pull carpet back and should see it. I am not expert but if there's no noise then it could be ****ed, as even if sensors were blocked/not working then I would think you would get a picture on radio.

Unfortunately I didn't take pics as it was a friends car and didn't think of it, maybe you could take some and do a how to as it's come up a few times about that washer connection point.

It's a stupid place for a combination of water and electrics.

Is car under warranty? Maybe best to go that route before opening up.

Thanks for that. The car is no longer under warranty, so it's been booked in at the local indy garage for a thorough dignosis.

If I get the time beforehand, I'll try and take a look myself.

Well I decided to pull the carpet out again and have a quick look before the car goes in for it to be professionally assessed.

I found the control module, bolted to the back of the nearside wheelarch as described. It's a lot smaller than I thought, just a little bigger than a ciggy pack. It's just below the pipe connection for the rear washer pipe too. A truly foolish place to put it if you ask me.

I couldn't get in close enough to unbolt the module, but the connectors look tight and secure, and the whole thing is dry (now that I've fixed the pipe).

However, after a little bit of wiggling and checking, along with checking the fuses, I've still got nothing.

I'm assuming that the module is shafted, so does anyone know how much these are to replace new? Are they reasonably priced or am I going to be stung?

Update:

Got the car back today - parking sensor control module was corroded internally as a result of the washer pipe leaking.

Total cost for new module, labour and VAT = £191 :(

At least it's sorted now.