Switchable Maps - On-The-Fly - EDC15 (Fabia vRS, PD130 etc)

Jabbasport

Hi Guys,

Following a post in the Fabia 1 forum i thought i'd post a quick heads up here.

Initially designed for use with turbo kits to offer switching between low or high torque maps, or clean and smoky maps we've developed a system that switches between 2 maps on the fly, no need to pull over, or load in another file with a unit etc.

If you have vag com this also means you could potentially switch between 4 maps, but it all gets a bit confusing then :)

At the minute for testing we're using an external switch to select the map but during development hope to make it all look as factory as possible, currently looking if we can piggy back onto one of the inputs for the ecu etc.

We'll be offering this as an add on to our current stage 1 or custom maps and can also offer it to people who currently have a map by another tuner and wish to keep that with the added on-the-fly switching.

Currently testing it on my own car, i will pop out at Lunch to get a video of the system in action.

More updates to follow..

Thanks

Kev

This is now very tempting to sell the 500 & buy a race blue SE ;)

You know you dont want a DSG, you know you want your furby back.

Sell the 500 get an SE, would have to put a little money in for the SE though, its keeping it diesel :giggle:

***Sorry little off topic***

Its nearly lunch time! :dance:

Edited by vRSsunroof

Yes, we're talking the whole map, its just easier to show it by showing the boost gauge.

The standard chip is a F400 and we replace it with a F800 and basically switch the location of the maps on the fly.

Kev

Yes, we're talking the whole map, its just easier to show it by showing the boost gauge.

The standard chip is a F400 and we replace it with a F800 and basically switch the location of the maps on the fly.

Kev

hehehe.. :rofl: I want one..! whats the price will be like? will there be a package discount for this plus remap?

Edited by JLneonhug

Whats your Dev time on sommin like this then?

Also you say your trying to get it to look more 'Factory spec' look????

Switch pannel above the HU?

wanna hear more! :)

That would be awesome having a switch next to asr etc, but what to call it hmmm :p

Still intrigued as to a rough release date and price :)

That would be awesome having a switch next to asr etc, but what to call it hmmm :p

Still intrigued as to a rough release date and price :)

I vote for a "sport"'button :)

prices please :)

Sounds like a very interesting idea, but I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would constantly run in "sport mode" if it were a good map generally. :thumbup: I know I wouldn't switch from the map I have on the car now unless it was able to give massive economy gains on a long run.

On a previous car, well my first, i ran a 1600 corsa sport on jenvy throttle bodies. This is going back a while and i cant remember what management i ran with it, but i think it was omex or emerald but i had a switch enabling me to switch between up to 2 maps. Was very good fun.

The switchable feature would be great in the fabia. Ive just ordered a sts device from shark and cant wait for more power. So i can only hope the new map provides everything i want!

Edited by Dan Almond

Sounds like a very interesting idea, but I'm not sure about anyone else, but I would constantly run in "sport mode" if it were a good map generally. :thumbup: I know I wouldn't switch from the map I have on the car now unless it was able to give massive economy gains on a long run.

I'm always on my modified map.

The idea of putting it on my car was so i could eventually switch between a map thats modified, then a very smoky high injection map which i could then clean up with Nitrous! :)

Ps. Eventually we should be able to offer something where you have this option installed but don't have to have our map if you've had it mapped already. And for someone like yourself you'll still be able to flash each partition of the memory separately..

Kev

Edited by Jabbasport