Stream radio

i've already posted in ICE section ut i'm hoping somebody can help.

i have jumbo box with aux in socket and it's wired to radio. however radio does not toggle to the aux in socket?

also. i have a continaul humming from cd changer when in use and sound quality is rubbish.

any ideas?

my skoda stream does not say MP3 on front....does that matter?

If your stream does not say MP3 on the front then the "aux in" socket will not work. It sounds like at some point in the past, the original stream mp3 has been swapped for an older unit.

Also there is an option in the radio settings to enable the AUX and the buzzing sounds like you need to swap the GND wires in the back of the radio, there should be a sticker on the stream radio showing the wires

Also there is an option in the radio settings to enable the AUX and the buzzing sounds like you need to swap the GND wires in the back of the radio, there should be a sticker on the stream radio showing the wires

Which GND wires?

I have had the radio out so know the plug that controls the CD changer and aux socket.

Which GND wires?

I have had the radio out so know the plug that controls the CD changer and aux socket.

found this........http://www.octavia-vrs.com/technical/mfd2.html

if y GND wires were wrong way round would that explain why radio is not findng the Aux socket?

There is an option in menu for switching it on and off.....

my car is right on the border line for the wiring change described in the web link

I'm afraid to say that you wont get your AUX socket working with a non-MP3 Stream, as it does not contain the hardware to support it (pins not present on rear connector). As the other posters say, the CD changer will be the ground pin needs swapping.

It seems there were a handful of cars where the older Stream radio was fitted along with an aux socket that will never work (MY 2006.5). Either that or somewhere in its life, someone has swapped the MP3 Stream out for a Stream thinking they were backwards compatible.

I had exactly this problem and eventually got my dealer to replace with an MP3 Stream, but that was within a week or two of collecting the car - not sure if that is an option for you?

i have jumbo box with aux in socket and it's wired to radio.

Have you actually confirmed this?

I've had my Stream out recently and there is no phono or 3.5mm jack style aux-in.

As Mannyo says, it sounds like the stereo's been swapped at some stage.

Regarding your point in your other thread (which should probably be merged, if there's any mods reading), about sacrificing the CD changer, if you fancy doing that you could pick up a Connects2 adapter, which plugs in to the back of the Stream instead of the CD changer plug and provides phono/3.5mm jack input that you can plug your mp3 player into directly. They're available on ebay for around £30:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-Octavia-2005-AUX-Interface-Adaptor-CTVSKX003-/250512542646?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a53b60bb6

Once installed, you just hit the [CD] button twice to switch to the CD changer, which is now the mp3 input.

Edited by BigC

I've had my Stream out recently and there is no phono or 3.5mm jack style aux-in.

There won't be. The AUX in connections are 3 extra wires on the blue CD changer section of the Quadlock connector. You'll almost certainly find that the wires are present, but if you unplug it and look at the pins it should "mate with" on the radio, they're not there.

Here's the thread from when I had this issue some time ago. I think the actual wire colours are in there somewhere so you can confirm the wiring is present.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/81362-when-did-the-aux-socket-and-mp3-stream-come-in/page__p__988227__fromsearch__1entry988227

EDIT: Found it! "2007 MY connection - I can see the green, yellow and brown wires coming from the AUX socket to the quadlock connector"

Edited by Guinness

There won't be. The AUX in connections are 3 extra wires on the blue CD changer section of the Quadlock connector. You'll almost certainly find that the wires are present, but if you unplug it and look at the pins it should "mate with" on the radio, they're not there.

Here's the thread from when I had this issue some time ago. I think the actual wire colours are in there somewhere so you can confirm the wiring is present.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/81362-when-did-the-aux-socket-and-mp3-stream-come-in/page__p__988227__fromsearch__1entry988227

EDIT: Found it! "2007 MY connection - I can see the green, yellow and brown wires coming from the AUX socket to the quadlock connector"

well it looks like the radio is the old version and with GND wires swapped changer sound is spot on!

i'll keep my eyes open for a stream with mp3

cheers folks

Ah right, thanks for the clarification. Either way, I think the OP is out of luck.