Late Delivery Compensation

I haven't seen a mention of this on the forum previously, and thought it might be of interest to quite a few people here.

According to an email I received this morning from Skoda Customer Service:

'If the time from when the retailer placed the order on his system and you taking delivery of the vehicle exceeds 16 weeks then we will be in a position to compensate you for the inconvenience.

Would like to suggest contacting Skoda UK when you take delivery of your vehicle and we can discuss these options with you.'

Sounds interesting. I wonder what they'll offer? Possibly just a token gesture, or something worthwhile?

That's interesting.

I have no idea what they'll offer however I suggest you take it up with them prior to delivery if your waiting time has already exceeded or is likely to exceed 16 weeks.

What circumstances arose for you to enquire as to compensation? Were you promised an earlier date which has since slipped?

I ordered in mid-May and was verbally advised by the sales dude of delivery in approx 10-12 weeks. I don't expect to get my hands on it until end Oct. (Build week 40, however the impact of recent flooding in CZ may push this back).

Likewise I would be interested to know what compensation they have in mind. (Have had to pay £500 for Passat to have a 120K service incl. cam-belt, which I wasn't planning on doing and wouldn't have had to if the Octavia had been here by now).

What circumstances arose for you to enquire as to compensation? Were you promised an earlier date which has since slipped?

I didn't ask about compensation, I just asked for an explanation of why it was so much later than the original estimated delivery date.

I ordered in mid-May and was verbally advised by the sales dude of delivery in approx 10-12 weeks. I don't expect to get my hands on it until end Oct. (Build week 40, however the impact of recent flooding in CZ may push this back).

Looks like we might not get ours until September, although there's a faint chance we might get it next week. (I know, why not wait for the new plate, but we're really not bothered about that, we're planning on going away in the car at the end of next week, and we'd rather do it in the new one.)

Likewise I would be interested to know what compensation they have in mind. (Have had to pay £500 for Passat to have a 120K service incl. cam-belt, which I wasn't planning on doing and wouldn't have had to if the Octavia had been here by now).

I suspect the compensation may depend on how far out the original estimate was, hence the reason they asked us to contact them after we've taken delivery. It could be that it's something related to the car (i.e. free services for that particular vehicle) which they might not be able to arrange until we've got it.

Or maybe they're hoping that we'll be so happy with the new car that we'll forget how long we had to wait for it...

I'll post something here when we find out anything more.

I ordered my Black Magic vRS TDi on 17th april it was built and on the docks 8th August but the ship was full, may be on the boat tomorrow, i talked to SUK last week and complained about the extended build/delivery time and was told that they would compensate me for the delay and gave me an investigation number and said they would be chasing my car up to arrive here ASAP.

My wait will be at least 20 weeks I recon; come back and let us know how you got on with SUK. Enjoy your new wheels!

I contacted Skoda UK yesterday regarding this. Spoke to a very helpful young lady, who confirmed any delivery over 16 weeks from order will be eligible to compensation.

Nearer the delivery date, they will discuss options eg.

contribution towards service costs of old car / new car

dealer fit accessories

My VRS DSG hatch ordered week 23 - June 11. Build date now week 43 - w/c 25/10 + 3 weeks transit = week 46 - w/c 15/11

I will need x 2 new rear tyres at £100 + each, as do not want to risk a 2 k fine

If my p/x picks up parking damage from ignorant motorists in car parks etc, this will also need to be considered, as price was given when viewed in June.

Service due at 48 k - now done 45 k. Knowing how car computer calculates this, if more delays do not want to affect extended Seat warranty

Hope this helps everyone in same situation

I contacted Skoda UK yesterday regarding this. Spoke to a very helpful young lady, who confirmed any delivery over 16 weeks from order will be eligible to compensation.

dealer fit accessories

My VRS DSG hatch ordered week 23 - June 11. Build date now week 43 - w/c 25/10 + 3 weeks transit = week 46 - w/c 15/11

I will need x 2 new rear tyres at £100 + each, as do not want to risk a 2 k fine

If my p/x picks up parking damage from ignorant motorists in car parks etc, this will also need to be considered, as price was given when viewed in June.

Service due at 48 k - now done 45 k. Knowing how car computer calculates this, if more delays do not want to affect extended Seat warranty

Interesting to know, as I've been waiting 20 weeks for my Scout. Looks like I'll be making a phone call on Monday :thumbup:

Do you have the name of the woman you spoke to, and the number you rang teebee?

My order went in on 26 /7/2010, estimated arrival w/c 08/11/2010 this looks like it = 15 weeks.

Looks like i might just miss out :(

UPDATE:- 20/09/2010

Just found out that build has been pushed out by 2 weeks, so its now looking like a bit of a conversation near delivery. This could cost SUK a fortune for all the delays .

Edited by lfc958

dealer fit accessories

I ordered mine a week later than you did and was given a build date of week 37 about 3 weeks ago, when did your delivery date change?

Is this Octavia specific? My Superb estate is likely to be over that; currently 18 weeks to build and 21 to the dealer.

Best regards

David

Just got email from SUK my Octavia Green line Hatch back has been built (Ordered on 22nd May) and is at Port of Emden. Does anybody know when is the next ship from Port of Emden is going to leave to UK.

SUK advised me Vehicle will be delivered to dealer in 3-4 weeks.

I ordered my Yeti on the 6th of April and only got a build week two months later as week 41! So after a SEVEN MONTH wait I'll get my car in November. I did contact Skoda and as per the OP got a reply that once I've taken delivery any delay over 16 weeks will be looked at and a "gesture of Goodwill" will be made. No mention was made if this is a fluffy toy or something more substantial. A Happy driver I'm not yet due to Skoda's non existent communication. So let's hope the gesture makes me a happy driver.

I ordered mine a week later than you did and was given a build date of week 37 about 3 weeks ago, when did your delivery date change?

Orignal build date was week 44

Wrote to Skoda UK. Customer Services manager advised was now week 38

Since then has gone back to week 39 - 40 - 42 and now week 43

Don`t have the name of the lady I spoke to on 20/8, but I am sure that Customer Services will confirm what I was told regarding compensation options

I ordered mine 16 weeks ago, had an email from the dealer on 3rd August saying it was waiting at Emden. How long does it take to get it to the dealer!!? :S

According to the email i got from SUK its 3-4 weeks to reach the dealer, even my vehicle is at port of emden.

Isar Highway docked in Grimsby today at 10.42am

My flamin car still in Emden been there 20 days now, getting really p****d off now, SUK said it would be in UK yesterday , no show. SUK now says it will be on ship to tyne on sunday. it had better be or i will cancel the order.

Isar Highway docked in Grimsby today at 10.42am

My flamin car still in Emden been there 20 days now, getting really p****d off now, SUK said it would be in UK yesterday , no show. SUK now says it will be on ship to tyne on sunday. it had better be or i will cancel the order.