Samsung Galaxy Ace

Bassa

That is at the same level as the telephone setting, not disabled as you need to know it is active. But if the boing is disabled then you can have the level at whatever you like.

aha! So even though I quite like the boing I think I am now going to disable it. Must have a look at how you do it and then plug in the laptop. What would we do without this forum? :thumbup:

Make sure your normal phone is connected to the Maxidot first, then the menu should show and scroll down to Bluetooth. Find the one to delete. Hope that helps.

This issue (ie having to have a phone connected before you can delete one) is a major bugbear for me with the bluetooth implementation on the Yeti. If you only have one phone, and it's being problematic, the only way to delete it is to connect it first. If the problem is that it's stopped connecting, how can you delete it? It seems daft that you can't just delete a phone from the list at any time. My phone lets me do that.

This issue (ie having to have a phone connected before you can delete one) is a major bugbear for me with the bluetooth implementation on the Yeti. If you only have one phone, and it's being problematic, the only way to delete it is to connect it first. If the problem is that it's stopped connecting, how can you delete it? It seems daft that you can't just delete a phone from the list at any time. My phone lets me do that.

Try this:

Delete the pairing on the phone, then search for a new phone in the car or by using the phone. Either should work. Then delete the unconnected phone in the car. That's what I did to overcome this.

Mike

Thanks for the 'boing' reply. I never use the voice activation stuff (used to have it in a car years ago) - I love gadgets when they help but it's still much slower than just pressing a couple of buttons. And if you have annoying friends in the car who shout 'factory reset' when you press the voice button, it gets tedious!

• 2 months later...

Have registered just to thank you all, have been tearing out my (grey) hair trying to work out how to upload the wretched phone book! Success at last!! Practically needed a magnifying glass to see that tiny instruction at the top of the phone screen. Happy Christmas to all.

• 1 year later...

Hi hOrr

I also had been trying without success to load my phone book off my Samsung Galaxy Ace in to my Yeti, Tried your suggestion and on about the third attempt I spotted the tiny message on the screen of my phone to accept the upload . Thanks to you I now have a loaded phone book 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but just wanted to say thanks for the great information regarding phone book transfer. I just took delivery of an Octavia 2.0 TDi CR VRS and bought a new mobile (Samsung S3 Mini) at the same time. Pairing no problem, phone book transfer total royal pain in the rear end.

Deleted the pairing, paired them again, and got the message on the phone (Do you want to transfer your phone book.)

So thanks guys, as always a great site for all things Skoda (and in this case Samsung as well)

This is a common issue, I think.  My Yet-replacement Qashqai+2 was also proving a royal pain in the posterior when I tried to download the phone book from my Samsung S3 mini, until I noticed the 'accept' request on the phone.  I had to 'accept' about 6 times and did not think anything was happening, but lo and behold suddenly all my contacts were there!

• Like 1