My Ex Candy White Yeti

rockhopper

Very impressive Rockhopper. As you know I'm into these devices as well and currently use the old version.

What has always annoyed me is that the previous generation are not that good at picking up registration numbers as the quality is not great.

I need to get some of these! :D

(reminds me to check how long the Roadhawk HD is going to be)

Are you running an ignition live to switch them on and off?

If so, where are you running it from?

Very impressive Rockhopper. As you know I'm into these devices as well and currently use the old version.

What has always annoyed me is that the previous generation are not that good at picking up registration numbers as the quality is not great.

I need to get some of these! :D

(reminds me to check how long the Roadhawk HD is going to be)

Are you running an ignition live to switch them on and off?

If so, where are you running it from?

I use permanent live, from memory fuse no 20, (whichever the 12v permanent supply is to front 12v socket) piggy backed off using the guide by GREAT YETI.

Yes these are much better at number plates. It is impressive for night. I am pleased.

I managed to pick them up on a group buy on another forum for £200 each. Saving £200 emoticon-0136-giggle.gif I'm happy.

I use permanent live, from memory fuse no 20, (whichever the 12v permanent supply is to front 12v socket) piggy backed off using the guide by GREAT YETI.

So both are on all the time?

Don't you have concerns about battery drain, or do you manually switch them to a parking mode when not moving for a day or two?

So both are on all the time?

Don't you have concerns about battery drain, or do you manually switch them to a parking mode when not moving for a day or two?

Explain, what is this "battery drain" you mention?

emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

They automatically go into parking mode after 10 minutes of being stationary.

The car is at most left for 1 day before being used. I've only covered 13500 miles in 11 months.

Yes is the answer, both on all the time. When in parking mode it doesn't draw much current, but not sure how much. I rarely turn the units off, though it would make sense to do so when parked at home, as Elsie is off the road and unlikely to be hit, but saying that, about 10 years ago, a motorcyclist came down our road, pulled a wheelie, fell off and slid down the road, across the pavement in to the rear of my car and broke the valence, he then got up picked up the bike and rode off according to a neighbour.....emoticon-0149-no.gif

I've never had any battery drain issues since I have been using them.

I managed to pick them up on a group buy on another forum for £200 each. Saving £200 emoticon-0136-giggle.gif I'm happy.

I did a google search, found the group buy and tagged on the end. :D

Two units with 16gb cards and spare round screen mounts arrived today. All for less than £200 per unit. :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up.

Two units with 16gb cards and spare round screen mounts arrived today. All for less than £200 per unit. :thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to be of assistance.

Now you need some 32gb cards.......I bought some Lexar class 10 from Amazon.

BTW do the spare mounts fit the unit, which is grey, or are the mounts black - the old ones for ~DR300G. Pittasoft sent the wrong ones, but seeing as you got some I guess they are the correct ones by now.

Glad to be of assistance.

Now you need some 32gb cards.......I bought some Lexar class 10 from Amazon.

BTW do the spare mounts fit the unit, which is grey, or are the mounts black - the old ones for ~DR300G. Pittasoft sent the wrong ones, but seeing as you got some I guess they are the correct ones by now.

Silver with the HD badging. :thumbup:

Got a spare power cable for each too, which I wasn't expecting.

so you have use in 2 different vehicles emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I'll have to ring up and ask for mine.

One thing I forgot to ask RH, which I do on my other units...

Have you looked at the memory space per minute of footage yet?

On the GoPro it's about 50meg per minute, so I know what size card I need for use without paying out a lot for something I don't need.

In the leaflet in the box is a guide which seems to be fairly accurate.

It depends on what quality you want to record in

1920 x 1080p at 30fps or 15fps

1280 x 720p at 30fps or 15fps

Or lower quality etc.

I can't remember off the top of my head.

Pm me if you don't have the leaflet.

Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Today I removed the spare wheel, the false floor and the polystyrene boxes.

I fitted the 'non spare wheel' polystyrene filler and floor and rubber mat.

I now have a FULL size winter tyre (215/60 R16) fitted to a steel wheel. I recently bought a bag off eBay to put the wheel in to keep it all tidy & clean

Nomad Webbing have made me up a upside down Y strap for holding my spare wheel in place, with a ratchet to keep all tight.. I have also bought one of those bags that fit in the boot part no: DMK 770 003 (share same part with the Roomster). It attaches to the same points that the net system does.

So now I am ready for winter. I have put a tow rope in the spare wheel bag along with my fluorescent jacket. In the bag is a recovery strop, windscreen wash, 2 litres of water, some shackles, spare number plates and various odds and ends. I also have a pair of snow chains for my shoes! check Ice Gripper.

I have also fitted rubber mats inside, part number DCC 630 101, in place of the textile ones for winter.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up.

I googled and couldn't find a current group buy? Any hints please?

I googled and couldn't find a current group buy? Any hints please?

I think it's finished now. :(

But the good news is I am buying a load of these for work and have started a new GROUP BUY on here for Brisky members at very good prices!!! (A few pound less than the other one I believe)

BlackVue Drive Recorder GB here: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/221786-blackvue-300400-drive-recorders/

Or click the link in the bottom of my sig. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

As an update on the BlackVue DR400HD.

They do drain the battery if left on.

On a couple of occasions I had a flat battery on a Sunday morning when it was very cold and into the below zero temperatures we had over winter.

The circumstances were the same. Camera's left on on the friday after work. Vehicle not used on the saturday, then a very cold night saturday night and hey presto the battery was flat the next day.

Almost happened yesterday, but it was a lot warmer, and she did start......just. I forgot to turn them off. It is fine if I drive the car every day, but not if I leave it for 36+ hours.

So, when I go out first thing, before I move off, I connect the power cables, and at night I disconnect the power cables. As I park on the drive I don't need the parking mode on, but I do during the day when parking around London and the South East.