HELP - Wiring in sub to "Dynaudio" in SuperbII V6 4X4 2010 - Urgent

Please help

I am adding an amp and sub to my 2010 Superb Combi V6 4X4. It has the high end sound system which I think is the same as the Dynaudio system fitted to the Passat V6. It comes standard on the V6 in Australia. It has an amp under the passenger seat (l/h/s) with a large ISO (I think) block connector which carries the inputs from the head unit, power, CAN, speaker outputs etc. There seems to be about 20 wires tightly grouped there.

Based on research on the net and in particular several VW forums, I understand I cannot use the input from the head unit because it is not volume controlled from the headunit - volume is controlled across the CANBUS to the amp. So I understand I need to connect to the speaker output of the amp (into my high level amp inputs).

Can someone with experience of this setup please conform or advise otherwise?

However, I can't find any specific Superb !! info for the amp wiring colours on the net. I can fin the pinouts, but not the wiring colours. I have found the colours for the rear door low frequency speakers for the Dynaufio system in the Passat but don't know if they are the same in the Skoda. Does anyone know for certain? However, I would probably prefer to tap into the leads for the front low frequency drivers as I tend to put fade the sound to the front a bit.

Can someone confirm the colours for the Skoda with this setup? Back, or front preferably?

Also I need to find the switched power trigger from the headunit to the amp(at the amp rather than the headunit) so I can tap into it for switching the sub amp.

Alternatively, I could take off the front door trim and check the speaker colours on the drivers. But I have no idea how. I searched the forum and the net but could only find directions for the Superb 1.

Can someone point me to a guide for removing the front door trim or tell me how to do it? Also how to remove the sill and b/c pillar trims to put the cables under the carpet.

BTW, I have been taking photos and I will submit a guide to this site on how to do it once I have finished - successfully!

I would really appreciate any help you can provide. I am a sound buff but I have paid an excellent installer for previous installs. I really would like to do this one myself and I have already wired in the power and the sub to the amp so just need to solve the input side.

BTW, I am fitting a spare new Pioneer amp bridged to 150wrms and a nice and clean 10" Infinity sub I used in an earlier car.

Cheers

powerd

Canberra, Downunder

Have been trying to identify the correct speaker leads for bass speaker in front. It seems though that the l/h/s tweeter has the same colour wires as the R/h/f bass. I only found that I got it wrong once I had cut the tweeter wires. The ones I cut were twisted together and possibly thinner wires. Back together but still trying to sort out the correct ones. I am now reluctant to cut anything more in case I cut any more incorrect wires.

Still trying to work out how to trigger the sub amp on and off though.

Any help would be truly appreciated/ And posted here afterwards.

And I promise you some of my homebrew if you are near Canberra!

Hi powerd,

I'm interested in this too as I'll be doing this later and I too have the digital amp under the seat.

Have a look at the PDF below. You can see (for example) on page six, it shows the wiring colors for each speaker. You should confirm it with your car (trace a few through and check that the colours match).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/59721777/speaker.pdf

PDF is 1.99MiB and is a dump from ELSA.

Good luck!

Thanks wokwon. much appreciated. And thanks to ELSA too!. This will make life easier and give me a more secure feeling as I cut into the wiring to connect the amp, as I have got it wrong once already. I should now be able to get the amp running tomorrow morning. Need to drive to Sydney on THursday so would be good to have it all running.

I'll pore over this and see if I can locate a remote 12v power trigger but my fear is that is done digitally via a CANBUS signal. As a temporary measure I may need to tap into something which is switched from the ignition and do without the sub when the ignition is not on.

I'll post the results.

Cheers

powerd

There is no 12V trigger at the head unit, not sure about the Amp. In my old car (MY07 Jetta) I used the ciggy lighter as that was switched but in the Skoda it's not switched. This of course would mean that your sub wouldn't work if your ignition is off but radio on but that is probably a good situation anyway to avoid battery drain.

I do intend to make the ciggy lighter sockets in my Superb switched in future too and have to locate a switched circuit for this purpose, but I've only had the car 3 days so far so had no time to do any work on it.

Thanks again wokwon. You are ahead of me then. I've had mine more than 3 months and this is the first work/mods I have done. But so much is there already that I haven't really need to. Huge amounts more to discover about the equipment and how to use it, particularly the phone and nav with voice control..

I will go hunting for a switched output and let you know. Otherwise my temp solution might be a lead off the battery with a switch in the console box until I can find a better way. I don't have a huge amount of time today and need to go to Sydney tomorrow.

I'll report back.

I now have to give up for a couple of days and go interstate for work. I bought a new gas soldering gun this morning, decent quality and expected to be so much better than my crappy old electric one with a tip too large to do this job.

But when I tried to fire up the gun, it wouldn't light. Works perfectly with the torch tips but not with the soldering tip.

So too late to complete it before the trip - bummer, I was hoping to be able to feel the music as well as hear it ion my 600km trip!

Somehting to finish on the weekend I guess.

I now have to give up for a couple of days and go interstate for work. I bought a new gas soldering gun this morning, decent quality and expected to be so much better than my crappy old electric one with a tip too large to do this job.

But when I tried to fire up the gun, it wouldn't light. Works perfectly with the torch tips but not with the soldering tip.

So too late to complete it before the trip - bummer, I was hoping to be able to feel the music as well as hear it ion my 600km trip!

Somehting to finish on the weekend I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, am thinking of wiring in a sub under front of passenger seat. Have looked at the wiring in the pdf above but it doesn't match.

I was asuming that the amp is the unit under the drivers seat but having looked up the numbers on it I can see this is the bluetooth unit! (Box has VW badge with label 3C8 035 730 B made by "novero". PU: 339270853   HFU: A09597559). Thought it was a bit small for an amp!

Does anyone know where the amp is please and have the wiring details and colours for the UK. Is a 2012 3.6 Elegance with Columbus and Navigation.

Edited by d_aero

Box has VW badge with label 3C8 035 730 B made by "novero". PU: 339270853   HFU: A09597559). 

That is your bluetooth unit, look under the other seat.  The power amp has big silver heatsinks on it.

Thanks for reply.

There aren't any other units under either seat. Is it ever located anywhere else?

Out of interest my battery is in the boot. Does that mean I have different wiring/setup as its the V6?

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I've bought a Pio ts-wx610 and need tips for the remote power/12V trigger. Superb 2010 4x4 Elegance with 10 speaker setup. Im thinking of connect to the reardoor speakers and high level input to the Pio. I will make a "How to do it" when done and post it.

Rgds Randulf - Norway -

Hello,

I've bought a Pio ts-wx610 and need tips for the remote power/12V trigger. Superb 2010 4x4 Elegance with 10 speaker setup. Im thinking of connect to the reardoor speakers and high level input to the Pio. I will make a "How to do it-tread" when done.

Rgds Randulf - Norway