Lowered suspension on Greenline & 1.2TSI

Truthseeker

I know this issue has been mentioned before, but does anyone know if this was the case with the pre FL model or something that is unique to the FL 1.2TSI model.

This is an excerpt from the Skoda Yeti FL dimension's section:

New Yeti Dimensions

External dimensions

Length (mm):

Width (mm):

Height (mm):

1,671*/ 1,691**

Clear height (mm):

180 (155 on GreenLine II models)

Wheel base (mm):

* 1,671 (including roof rails) on 1.2 TSI and GreenLine II models

** 1,691 (including roof rails) on 2.0 TDI models

Thanks spottydog.

I assume you mean that yours is not lowered, or does not appear to be.

Could it be be that it is, but the 20mm may not be noticeable?

My Wife has a 1.2 TSI DSG and my Mum has a Greenline.  Parked together it's clear the latter is 20mm lower as you can immediately see the difference in the wing mirror heights.

The 1.2 my Wife has sits exactly as tall as my 170 CR 4x4.

So the Greenline was definitely the only lowered version of the Bue-eye.

Handy having a few versions in one family. :D

If what you posted above is true it should say the 1.2 TSI has reduced ground clearence too, not just the Greenline.

Not logical the Greenline is the only one with reduced groud clearence, but the TSI is also shorter.

It could be that SKODA UK have just copied the brochure from somewhere else where they do lower the 1.2 TSI and didn't change it.

Wouldn't be the first time...

Or it could relate to the Indoor version, as I think they may have lower suspension.

Possibly they all come lowered over the Bug-eye or Outdoor as they are all front wheel drive lower power versions for townies?

The info that I have from Skoda Norway is that the 1.2TSI now comes as standard with a lowered suspension and a ground clearence of 155mm (just like the 1.6TDI Greenline & Greentec versions). However the other FL Yetis have 180mm ground clearence as standard (on the Yeti & Yeti Outdoor).

Another thing they clearly state that the Yeti Outdoor cannot be ordered with the 1.2TSI engine !

The info that I have from Skoda Norway is that the 1.2TSI now comes as standard with a lowered suspension and a ground clearence of 155mm (just like the 1.6TDI Greenline & Greentec versions). However the other FL Yetis have 180mm ground clearence as standard (on the Yeti & Yeti Outdoor).

Another thing they clearly state that the Yeti Outdoor cannot be ordered with the 1.2TSI engine !

We can in the the UK - Outdoor with 1.2TSI engine.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up Ansum.

I understand that the dimensions stated, apply to both Urban & Outdoor, but might be confusing as they have just shown a photo of the Urban. Also, the overall height is shown for both Greenline 11 and 1.2 TSI models (see below).

Height (mm):
1,671*/ 1,691**

* 1,671 (including roof rails) on 1.2 TSI and GreenLine II models
** 1,691 (including roof rails) on 2.0 TDI models
20 difference!

Clear height (mm):
180 (155 on GreenLine II models)
25 difference!

I know that the clear height of 155mm states it is only for the Greenline 11, but think that is just an error, as the 1671 measurement above clearly states both variants. Also, there is an anomaly of 5mm between overall and clear height (weird!).

I could be wrong though, hence the reason for the new thread.

I assume that the 1.2 TSI was lowered to improve the fuel economy. The FL 1.2 has lower co2 and better mpg without any engine changes. Must be down to the lower ride height. It's a negative in my book, the 20mm is noticeable from the driver's seat.

The Skoda figures are either wrong/confusing (or a bit of both.)

The 1.2 base model Yeti has 215/60/16 wheels.

The Greenline has 205/55/16,thats already about 16mm lower than the 1.2.tsi Yeti.

But the other 1.2TSI engines have 225/50/17" tyres, and the dimension stats does not just state "only the base model".

Also, a 216/60/16" tyre has a rolling radius of 664.4mm, and a 225/50/17" (Elegance 1.2 TSI etc) has a RR of 656.8mm -  so 7.6mm difference and not 16mm.

I do agree though that it is all a bit confusing. Anyway, always good for a debate.

Thanks Richard.

Maybe it is just the FL 1.2TSI then, as it seems strange that the FL dimension's section should detail it.

Anyway, 20mm is really neither here or there really I suppose.

It is when you are of road!!!!!

I've had my (Freelander) raised by 40mm. :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...

Wait a minute. Are you saying that all 1.2 Yeti's are lower? Including the elegance? We chose not to go for the Greenline because we don't like the lower stance. it makes it look more like any other car. I will be gutted if our Yeti comes lowered. would have just gone for the Greenline line then.

According to the small print on the Skoda website, it looks that way on all facelifts 1.2TSIs. But knowing how Skoda's proof reading is, I  guess you will just have to wait and see, although the difference is only 20mm so hardly noticeable.

The November owners handbook clearly states the Greenline in both Yeti (City) and Yeti Outdoor (FLego :rofl:  ) has a ground clearance of 155mm.

The 1.2TSI in Yeti (City) also has the same 155mm clearance but the Outdoor retains the 180mm. Would tend to believe this publication over anything produced by SUK, although occasionally things do get lost in translation.

Oh I've ordered our Yeti replacing Octavia III raised to have the same ground clearance of the Greenline :giggle: Mind it does come with the Greentech pack as standard ;)

TP

According to the small print on the Skoda website, it looks that way on all facelifts 1.2TSIs. But knowing how Skoda's proof reading is, I  guess you will just have to wait and see, although the difference is only 20mm so hardly noticeable.

I hope it isn't too noticeable. I wont be off roading it as its only 2wd but prefere the higher stance.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you know. The 1.2 is not lowered at all. It is the same height as all other non greenline models. Ours was parked next to a 4wd model when we collected it and there was no height difference. 

• Like 1