1.6TDi 105 -warning light "control system for exhaust" & flashing glowplug light

mbames

Defo sounds like a sensor, has the dealer looked in to this any further? What dealer are you using? I've had my Monte since February, and only once have I had to give it a little tickle down the A38 in 4th during the night hours to clear the DPF. Otherwise, it's been flawless and has taken care of itself.

I live in Stapenhill, I was about to say I've never seen you around, only ever seen one other Monte in the area which hardly gets used, however it looks like yours isn't a Monte  :giggle: oops. I'd offer to have a luck but I don't have VCDS.

I'm around and I work in Burton so not that far from you at home or work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Would you be interested in helping a fella' out for some beer tokens? I really want staging and a couple other things enabling in VCDS  :blush:

Would you be interested in helping a fella' out for some beer tokens? I really want staging and a couple other things enabling in VCDS :blush:

Yes, no problem. Drop me a PM and we'll sort something out.

I'm around and I work in Burton so not that far from you at home or work.

Hi Trundle, I am only down the road off the A444. Can we arrange something for next week as I will be off?

Hi Trundle, I am only down the road off the A444. Can we arrange something for next week as I will be off?

Should be able to sort out something next week, probably after I finish work one day.

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I took some time to reply, been busy at work. Are you around tomorrow or Wednesday?

Yes I'm around. I'll drop you a PM.

Hi,

I have a 1.6 tdi 2010, 52,000 miles, only had this since March, glow plug light and exhaust system light, more often the glow plug light than the other but does seem to be at random intervals and don't notice any change in how the car drives when it comes on. I haven't had any issues with my brake lights etc and 'limp' mode, I don't think kicks in as from what i've read here I would notice a reduction in power?

I intend to have it checked this week, diagnostics etc. I bought at Arnold Clark, I thought warranty covers until 60,000 but would this only apply if it was under 3 years old? They were the only owners it was a courtesy car at Arnold clark.

Not too clued up obviously which is why im here so any advice woukd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...