Eibach/Skoda Octavia II Estate Lowering Kit

Let me have a chat with Eibach on Monday and I will come back to you with some answers.

Ross. 

OK, it basically comes down to the axle loads. This information should be on the chassis plate under the bonnet. On my Mk1 its on the N/S suspension turret. If the axle loading info on your car matches the VRS they will work. The drop however will be bigger as the VRS has lowered sports suspension from the factory. It will be around 40mm front and 30mm rear presuming that your car is fitted with standard suspension.

You can certainly change the shocks at the same time however this will not effect the drop, a set of Bilstein B4 dampers are £240.00. The loading carrying capacity will be unaffected.

Thanks, Ross.

Ross - have you got any pics of s 2.0TDi VRs estate with the pro kit springs fitted just to get an idea of the arch gap? Is it pretty even front to back?

I have found a picture of a hatch from another thread which should give you a good idea of the gap;

post-37233-0-28116900-1424787356_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Do the rear camber arms require replacing after fitment of the lowering springs? 

Why would that be needed?

Short answer - no, what would you replace them with?

You will need a decent alignment though.

The reason behind my asking is that i had to change the rear camber arms on both my mazda mps and focus xr5 when I lowered them using koni fsd with eibach springs to prevent cupping of the rears, so i thought I'd ask before doing the same with the octavia.

I'm assuming no adjustment for camber & toe on the rear of the Ford & Mazda?

The Octavia with multi-link rear end has an eccentric bolt adjustment for both camber & toe-in. Generally there's enough adjustment to compensate for the height change.

Which part AU are you?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Had a set of these springs fitted from new and then bought one of these sets from Rosstech as an 'insurance policy'. Just as well I did as the vRS failed its MoT this week because of a broken f/o/s spring.

Hi

If these are still available i need a set for my 2009 FL VRS CL170 estate.

Tried to PM you but it says you can't use the messaging system.

cheers

Chris

TDC list on ebay and on Amazon, so it maybe worth checking it on there.

• 3 months later...

I'm assuming no adjustment for camber & toe on the rear of the Ford & Mazda?

The Octavia with multi-link rear end has an eccentric bolt adjustment for both camber & toe-in. Generally there's enough adjustment to compensate for the height change.

Which part AU are you?

Cheers Brad, You are correct the standard camber arms on both the MPS and XR5 are fixed and had to purchase after market adjustable camber arms. Your answer helps a great deal will fit the Eibach Pro's this weekend.

sorry for not answering sooner

cheers

Chris

I am in Broadford, Vic.

Edited by CAF

• 1 month later...

Well the Eibachs are installed and liking the way it looks and drives. I apologise for the standard of the pic.

post-112378-0-96168600-1469510579_thumb.jpg

post-112378-0-92455400-1469510641_thumb.jpg

Edited by CAF

• 4 months later...

What do they do for comfort/handling? Or are they purely for lowering?

I have just fitted a set of these and the ride which was horrible on my 13 plate Octavia 2 VRS is now transformed and much more compliant.

You have to live with the 25 mm drop in the ride which I hate, I always think lowering a car on British roads is ridicules, but it has been worth it for the much better ride.

The handing has not changed and feels about the same.

The look if anyone cares is similar to the pictures show earlier in this set of posts.

I hope this helps

I have just fitted a set of these and the ride which was horrible on my 13 plate Octavia 2 VRS is now transformed and much more compliant.

You have to live with the 25 mm drop in the ride which I hate, I always think lowering a car on British roads is ridicules, but it has been worth it for the much better ride.

The handing has not changed and feels about the same.

The look if anyone cares is similar to the pictures show earlier in this set of posts.

I hope this helps

I also have a set of these fitted.  As you say, they transformed the ride for the better and the car handles really well compared to when it was on the original springs.  These are much thicker than the OEM springs and coped really well when we went away in the summer.  There were five of us in the car and we had enough stuff in the boot to last us all week. We didn't ground out at any point and the handling was surprisingly good even when fully loaded with the family, their stuff and a full tank of fuel.

I'd recommend them as a replacement for the original springs as they work very well with the OEM dampers.

P1000858_zpseowfp64r.jpg

P1000859_zps554c0lm5.jpg

edit : I had these fitted in May/June time so they have settled as much as they will do I suspect.  The photos were taken today.

Edited by skinnyman
  • Like 1

I also have a set of these fitted.  As you say, they transformed the ride for the better and the car handles really well compared to when it was on the original springs.  These are much thicker than the OEM springs and coped really well when we went away in the summer.  There were five of us in the car and we had enough stuff in the boot to last us all week. We didn't ground out at any point and the handling was surprisingly good even when fully loaded with the family, their stuff and a full tank of fuel.

I'd recommend them as a replacement for the original springs as they work very well with the OEM dampers.

P1000858_zpseowfp64r.jpg

P1000859_zps554c0lm5.jpg

edit : I had these fitted in May/June time so they have settled as much as they will do I suspect.  The photos were taken today.

Thanks for the additional info Skinnyman it helps. One of my concerns was the loss of ride height over the UK's terrible roads especially when the car is loaded up.

I had fitted Koni Sports earlier as part of the fix, but had to screw them up hard just to over come the harshness of the original springs. I now have them at just a quarter turn up and it's a revelation how much better is the ride. I suspect that I did not need to have the Koni's at all but it is nice to be able to fiddle with the settings.

Cheers.

David

p.s. My car looks very similar to your pictures even after a few day.

Edited by David Heavey
  • Like 1

I had fitted Koni Sports earlier as part of the fix, but had to screw them up hard just to over come the harshness of the original springs. I now have them at just a quarter turn up and it's a revelation how much better is the ride. I suspect that I did not need to have the Koni's at all but it is nice to be able to fiddle with the settings.

I had Eibachs and std dampers.  They were poo.

I have had Koni Yellows + Eibachs for about 80,000km.  They work well together.  Possibly I'd do it different next time (I would probably fit Scout springs)  but for most people it's a good combo.

• Like 1

Why specifically the scout springs fella? Better ride height over koalas or summat?? :)

Pretty much that.

Up until the start of this year, 90% of my driving was motorway.  If I was going out in the country / camping / etc I'd usually take my wife's company car.  Wife is now an ex-wife, so I take the Octy almost everywhere, although I do have access to my daughters Accord Euro.  

Part of my grand plan is to get a place out of the city, which will probably involve some C-roads and dirt tracks.  Will probably transition to a Scout or Yeti in a few years or maybe an AWD Superb with raised springs.