Superb tuning box?

I have just ordered a new Skoda superb estate 170 4x4 DSG and wondered if anyone had fitted a tuning box?

I do actually tow from time to time and so the extra torque would be really useful there but in general I just want it to go like the preverbal doo doo off a shovel and when I've calmed down then perhaps think of the economy gains.

Anyone gone down this route??

Quite a few have put a DTUK crd-t tuning box on their mk2 Octy vRS' s which uses the same engine and say it transforms the car. It's a plug and play unit you can take off when you change your car. If you do a search in the octy 2 section you should find plenty of reading material

Anyone fitted one to a 1.6 Greenline by any chance?

Takes it up to a quite respectable 136bhp according to their website.

Had one of these DTUK ones fitted to my Vauxhall Combo van a couple of years ago, and it was SO smooth and efficient.

Made all the difference.

Most impressed even if it was a tad expensive.

Guess you get what you pay for.

Since the tuning box is tweaking the information being sent to the car ECU, there's a good chance that the displayed fuel consumption may not be correct with the tuning box in. This depends on what data the box is changing though. Has anyone done a brim to brim measurement and compared with the car's own readout before and after fitting the tuning box? 

From personal experience having two cars remapped, I've never seen a real improvement in economy. Others I know have had the same experience. It might be too much to ask of any tuning devices to increase power and decrease fuel consumption, more power = more fuel needed. Maybe on a steady motorway cruise you'd see some slight improvement ... If you want to have more power and don't mind using a bit more fuel, you'll be happy  :dance:

My two cents,

Rob

Edited by Robbo Cop

Since the tuning box is tweaking the information being sent to the car ECU, there's a good chance that the displayed fuel consumption may not be correct with the tuning box in. This depends on what data the box is changing though. Has anyone done a brim to brim measurement and compared with the car's own readout before and after fitting the tuning box? 

Never noticed any difference in fuel consumption one way or the other in all my experiences with tuning boxes ( 2Skoda, 1 GM)

Extra torque for overtaking is a different and positive matter however. :rock:

Edited by Mr Ree

So if economy stays the same and you get more oomph are there any downsides? Higher wear on engine/clutch/gearbox? Would like to do this to my 140tdi when its out of warranty.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk