I'm confused over the size of my turbo down pipe....

I have a 52 plate octavia vrs and have found several companies who offer a decat/turbo down pipe....

Some are 2.5 inch and some are 3 inch.

I've read that 3 inch isn't great and that 2.5 inch is better? I'm so confused. What size do I need? I just want a simple bolt off and on job... I don't wanna mess about with buying different bits etc

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok, just thought, would it just be a bolt on jobby?

Where can I get a reducer and how much are these? I literally have no clue.....

All I wanna do is replace the cat with a simple pipe. Why car manufacturers have to make things so darn complicated I do not know!

This is the pipe I'm looking at in ebay. ( 231282286483 )

Now it says it won't fit RS models, but if u look at the bit where it says about all the cars it will fit, it clearly says a 180 skoda...... I swear only the vrs octavia has 180 bhp? And the 1.8t non vrs was 150bhp? Or have I read incorrect info somewhere?

My point is, they are saying it will fit the 180 model, but not the RS....

But isn't the RS the 180 brake model?

Hope I'm making sense..... I'm probably not lol

Oh...... Not good. Is there not a website that actually explains in detail about this as I am not stupid, but I just don't understand any of this. Dunno what a flange is. Have no idea of my set up. It appears I have not got a standard exhaust. I thought it was the original. But looking at others, it looks like it's possibly a back box? Unsure what size the exhaust is leading to the turbo down pipe.... I wanna keep the standard tube size as not upgrading my turbo.

I have no idea what I'm talking about really. I just want my freaking car decatted lol. If someone compiled a small list of things to buy, that I need to do the job, then I'll buy it. Get it fitted. Arrrrrggghh..... Why did I not take mechanics at college. What was so appealing about history :-S

If your exhaust isn't standard then it should be 2.5 but unless you measure it we won't know or if you find a makers stamp on it... like mine is miltek so its gonna be 2.5.

Your turbo down pipe can only be one type of fitment which is the round hole with 4 bolts. then the downpipe itself is gonna be either 3 or 2.5 if you buy a decat.

The ones on ebay for about 89 which are in two parts are the best imo. makes it easier to fit as you can get the downpipe on tight then worry about mating the rest.

Well, that was very clear and to the point. Exactly what I needed. Thank u buddy.

So, how do I know what one will fit my car as a lot of these sellers are saying it does not fit the vrs models :-(

But these companies are not even offering a VRS specific de cat pipe! They don't make them lol.... Which is why I'm mega confused and still don't know what one will fit. Lol