New Superb

Dearo

Just had my Superb Elegance delivered and already I've got a few questions:-

A. I believe I've got auto wipers? If so how do I activate this option? I placed the stalk into position 1 and during a very heavy rainfall they only worked intermittently ?

B. I've managed to connect my iphone and can make and receive calls, but I cannot access the music in the media section?

As usual it's probably something bloody stupid that I've overlooked lol!!!

Edited by Dearo

B. I've managed to connect my iphone and can make and receive calls, but I cannot access the music in the media section?

we've found that if we manually start playing some music on the iPhone (music -> play) then we can control it from Columbus (pause, skip forward + back) - I'm sure this isn't necessary, but this certainly works for us. I need to sit in the car for a while and play with this.

Cheers Peeps;-

I did try moving the toggle but no joy, in the end I moved the stalk upwards so it was on constant?

I also tried playing the music first on my iphone but again no joy? Do you access the music in the media mode or phone mode ?

Other than the above teething problems, I have to admit its a belter to drive :)

The Elegance should have auto wipers as standard, and should work in position 1. If when its not raining you put the wipers in position 1 the wipers should remain off, if they start wiping you do not have auto wipers.

• Like 1

Good advice above, when it's not raining move the stalk to position one (intermittent on cars without auto wipers, and auto wipers for cars with the option fitted).

If you have auto wipers nothing will happen until it rains. If you have intermittent wipers then the wipers will wipe the dry screen.

Assuming your Elegance is a UK sourced car it will have the auto wipers.

It is worth noting that the auto function can be enabled on most Superb's that don't have it as standard, it is a simple case of enabling the feature by altering the coding. There is a chance that somehow the auto feature has been turned off, which means position one reverts back to intermittent.

The auto wipers can have a mind of their own too, even in constant rain sometimes mine are a little slow to speed up - giving the impression they are on an intermittent setting. Sliding the toggle on top of the stalk over to the right brings them to life straight away.

as above, you access the phone music via the media - bluetooth option.

On our old mk1 Superb, the rain sensor intermittent wipe was not designed to work unless selected AFTER ignition on. That is, if the stalk is one position up when you start the car, you need to return it to position 0 then back to position 1.

I guess if you look through the windscreen at the back of the mirror, you should be able to see the sensor (if you have one). You don't need to wait for rain of course - use a watering can or hose!

Cheers Danny 57, I have read the manual, hence the reason why I placed the wipers in position 1 (and the auto wipers didn't work) thanks for your kind assistance!

Dearo,

Nothing ill meant by my comment but as you had not mentioned the manual and some people do come on here without reading it I unfairly put you in that camp.

No Problem Danny, I've looked at the manual back to front and inside out and yet I can't get the blasted auto wipers to work or my iPhone to play music Grrrrrr !!

I was driving in very heavy rain yesterday and the wipers would only wipe intermittently, no matter what position the selector on top of the stalk was in ?? 

With regards to the music problem, I've connected my phone ok and I can make and receive calls without any problems whatsoever but when I go into the media option, the Bluetooth icon is not highlighted ? I've even tried registering the device separately but the Columbus will not accept it??

I've spoken to my Skoda dealership and they will hopefully get it up and working tomorrow.

D'oh !!!!

Sounds like you will need a trip back to your supplying dealer Dearo.  Maybe the auto-wipers is something that is supposed to get set-up at the pre-delivery check, which was missed off, or you might have a faulty sensor already.

One check you could do is to switch auto closing on, lock the car and and then pour some water over the rain sensor.  If the windows close then the sensor is working, which then probably indicates that the auto-wipers haven't been enabled in vcds/vagcom.

I had the music issue on my old Samsung Galaxy S4.

The phone would connect via Bluetooth for calls but wouldn't play music. It was a setting on the phone, something to do with the Columbus system accessing the phone's drive.

A bit vague I know, but I no longer have the phone.

Have you tried the earlier advice of moving the stalk to position 1 with a dry screen?

If the wipers wipe then you have a problem.

If they don't you at least know you have auto wipers but that they don't appear to be working as described...

My local Skoda dealership plugged their magic machine in and now the auto wipers and media all work fine !! :clap:

One question I have though, what format do you save music on the SD card ?? All my music is saved in iTunes!

Format must be MP3 or unprotected WMA, so if your music is ripped using the default AAC format (M4A or M4B files) then you'll need to convert it. First thing I did in iTunes was change the default format to 320kbps MP3.

Thanks for the above advice, I must admit the sound quality of the standard unit is very impressive.

Wish I'd gone for a Skoda last time round I was choosing a company car !!

• 2 weeks later...

Im picking my car up this Friday (Company car) and that's good advice re. the SD card. I didnt see the point of paying for an ipod connector when I have the option of the SD card. 32GB should be enough LOL.

Car will be Superb Estate L&K, 140, Black with brown leather, options of heated nozzles, rear side airbags and built in sunblinds in the rear.