LOST KEY need another

Hello

I have just bought an engine-less ATD 1.9 tdi Elegance estate. My current Classic has an ATD lump which I intend to to use. the body is well past its sell by date. The problem is the estate only came with one key (3 button type). I was thinking of seeing if I could get a key from my local scrappy,  Is this feasible... Iunderstand its easy to code the remote locking bit, but the chip that talks to the immobilizer is another thing altogether .....Ideas Please

I care for the good lady who has CTCL so the need to be frugal is paramount.

if you buy a 2nd hand key from a scrappers then straight away 2 out of it's 3 functions are useless & will need to be replaced with new parts, 1) blade. 2) immob chip. Another point is that there's several VAG remotes that look identical but have different part numbers. If you don't get the correct part number then it won't work.

BTW the link that mannyo has posted is my thread ;)

The SKC can be obtained through Vag Commander?? if necessary afaik ?

Its actually, very, very easy to code your key if you use the right steps ( I didn't and was set straight kindly by someone on here, who also confirmed my SKC I had was the correct one!). Vagcom indeed for the key (immo chip) programming, piece of ****.

The hard bit is getting someone to cut the key for you. I had a bodged first attempt but eventually sorted and they did it all in for £15 for the blade.

I got mine done, using an old key off ebay sum of all the parts must have been £25 quid ish (including new trasponder tranplanted in from Hickleys). No need to be ripped off by dealer prices

yes Vag Commander can read the SKC as well as at least half a dozen other bits of kit that aren't just VAG specific. Personally i'd let someone who knows what they're doing sort the immob side of things. I'm not just saying that because of what i do for a living but because i have to on a regular basis go sort out f***-ups other people have caused by either messing with cheap clone equipment they've just bought & don't know how to use or they let someone else that also has zero real experience do it.

On the other hand there is however plenty of people out there that have bought the clone & actually know how to use it. It's still a gamble though using clone equipment no matter how competent you are with it.