post remap advice

Having done about 500miles since my remap im finding I have issues with traction.What options do I have to reduce wheel spin other than good tyres?

someone mention whiteline ALK but does it improve it much?

Also on a less important note ,im finding when it does wheel spin and the traction control cuts in it backfires out the exhaust and its bloody loud!

Could I fit a sportcat to reduce the noise without destroying it with the backfires?

Totally transforms the car though and I love it !

You may just need to learn to drive differently as you have more power, feed the power in progressively rather than floor it from the start. Better suspension may help if you have axle tramp, but if its just wheelspin then its more grippy (but faster wearing) tyres, better diff or adapt driving style.

Another possibility is get a better map with more progressive power delivery rather than a big torque spike low down.

• Like 2

The following will help slightly but ultimately it's up to your right foot & maybe a less aggressive map.  Personally, I tend to short shift in 1st & 2nd & let all hell break loose in 3rd.

turn off traction control if going for a big launch

stiffer dogbone mount

ALK - preferably with the lighter alloy LCAs & the stiffer bushes

better dampers

Also, on some of the later models the electronic diff is adjustable with VCDS

Ok ,cheers for the advice. I'll look into the uprated bushes and I was looking for new suspension anyway.Its a slippery slope with modding.S3 intercooler and hpfp are next for long term reliability.

The power delivery is super smooth but as said its just adjusting to the increase in power.

If it's a TSI then I think the fuel pump is strong enough???

S3 intercooler is good stuff - I have the GolfR plastic tank unit & it made a good difference - seems to accelerate better above 3000rpm.

Strongly recomend a GFB DV+.  Works well & only about AUD120 (GBP80?).

Having done about 500miles since my remap im finding I have issues with traction.What options do I have to reduce wheel spin other than good tyres?

someone mention whiteline ALK but does it improve it much?

Also on a less important note ,im finding when it does wheel spin and the traction control cuts in it backfires out the exhaust and its bloody loud!

Could I fit a sportcat to reduce the noise without destroying it with the backfires?

Totally transforms the car though and I love it !

Stiffer bushes

Alk

Better dampers

Geometry

Diff

Or just ditch your lead boots :thumbup: