Retrofit of TPM

GaSelle

Has anyone tried to retrofit TPM in their Citigo? All new Citigo, Up and Mii sold in EU/DK has TPM as standard now. My Citigo is from March this year, so it´s from just before it became standard.

I retrofitted TPM on my previous Octavia II FL, which was a very simple job. I need to know which pin on the ABS block connector the TPM wire has to go to.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

I assume this is the same system as fitted to the Octavia etc where it uses the ABS sensors to detect if there is a tyre with low pressure?

If so it should be a simple job so long as the ABS controller supports it. Have you checked with VCDS that the option is there?

Phil

Does it not need the sensor inside each wheel to transmit the pressure to a receiver?

Where would it display the pressure/indication of a low tyre pressure? PID/LCD display and how would you set it up?

Does it not need the sensor inside each wheel to transmit the pressure to a receiver?

Where would it display the pressure/indication of a low tyre pressure? PID/LCD display and how would you set it up?

No. It uses the ABS wheel sensors to read the rotational speed of each wheel. If a tyre pressure is lower it's circumference is then smaller and so rotates at a different rate.

It then puts the warning light on the dash boards and most likely 'bongs'.

The button is then used once you have checked the pressures- press and hold the button to reset the system.

Phil

The switch is around 20€, and the plug 4€. You'll need to run one wire to the ABS block, the rest is inside the car. And then a little VCDS magic.

Thanks for clearing that up.

What is the VCDS coding option.and the part numbers please.

Button: 1ST 953 508 B 1QB

Plug: 8L0 971 883

Don´t remember where to code, might be in ABS og Instruments.

E226 = Button for TPM

1.pdf

Edited by GaSelle

Button: 1ST 953 508 B 1QB

Plug: 8L0 971 883

Don´t remember where to code, might be in ABS og Instruments.

E226 = Button for TPM

I imagine it will be in the ABS controller.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

That´s because the two switches (TPM/City Emergency Brake) are built together as one switch. So if the car does NOT have the City Emergency Brake, the switch is for TPM only - hence the different part number :)

So where does the button sit and where is it displayed if the TPM system shows a problem?

Does it tell you which wheel is giving the error?

Where does the wire go to from the ABS block?

The button sits right next to the button for City Emergency Brake (at the cupholders/12V outlet). If a tire looses pressure it´s indicated in the instrumentcluster by a warning light. It does not tell you which wheel it is.

There is a wiring diagram attached in an earlier thread.

If your Citigo has most of the wiring I doubt our Feb 2013 will have it. I will check at the weekend

Any Details you can send me on the Ocky ll TPM setup? Mine is an 07 model.

If your Citigo has most of the wiring I doubt our Feb 2013 will have it. I will check at the weekend

Any Details you can send me on the Ocky ll TPM setup? Mine is an 07 model.

I don´t think mine has any wiring for TPM. But, as on the O2, it´s quite easy to retrofit. The switch has four wires. One positive, one negative, one positive for light and one "output" going to the ABS block. The three first wires can be soldered on the ESP switch, which sits right next to the TPM switch on an O2. It´s the same story for the Citigo; just replace "ESP Switch" with "Switch for City Emergency Brake" ;)

I haven´t had the time yet, to see if my car accepts the coding. But it has the TPM light in the instruments cluster.

We have the Citisafe option on our car. I will pop out the switch and see what's behind. I will also see if there is a TPM light  (without the bulb?)in the instrument cluster. Where about is the light on your cluster?

We have the Citisafe option on our car. I will pop out the switch and see what's behind. I will also see if there is a TPM light  (without the bulb?)in the instrument cluster. Where about is the light on your cluster?

Don´t think there is any wires for it already - would be a (pleasant) surprise ;) The light is, as far as I remember, just in the middle, above the speedometer needle. I´m sure the "bulb" (diode) is there.

Do you need the switch? I fitted this on my B6 passat and the button was only needed to reset the system. If you have VAG com you can do it with that so you dont really need switch. Wonder if its same on ours?