Yeti Greenline Springs

DarrellGB

I think I may have found some Eibach springs which will fit my yeti if I've got the matching dimensions right, anyone with the technical knowledge to say either way?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eibach-E10-79-008-02-22-Performance-Pro-Kit-Springs/dp/B007G8BBLQ

I did a quick google for 'Eibach E10-79-008-02-22' and found it on offer from lots of different suppliers. Some describe it as being for the 2.0L TDI, others for the 1.2 TSI.  One of the sellers I found is a Skoda dealer - simpsonskodaparts - so perhaps you could contact them for advice.  Any claimed drop will be based on a 'normal' standard Yeti - you have a Greenline that is already a bit lower than a standard Yeti.

I did a quick google for 'Eibach E10-79-008-02-22' and found it on offer from lots of different suppliers. Some describe it as being for the 2.0L TDI, others for the 1.2 TSI.  One of the sellers I found is a Skoda dealer - simpsonskodaparts - so perhaps you could contact them for advice.  Any claimed drop will be based on a 'normal' standard Yeti - you have a Greenline that is already a bit lower than a standard Yeti.

It's more about the seating of the springs, I think the dimensions of the housing for the springs are the same. So if I'm right (and I'm hoping there's someone who knows more than me) the springs should seat ok. As you say, the Greenline already sits 15mm lower, but if I'm right, these would take it down to 30mm lower than a standard Yeti.

Would it be impure to say I also the look as I don't go off road!could there be a market for this if its called a vrs ?

I think Boss Fox has come the closest to what a VRS Yeti would be like but if Skoda did a diesel and petrol version I would certainly buy one next time round :)

What a difference 15mm makes.

Previous 110bhp 2wd would go over the top of my drive fully loaded, 4 up.

New greenline scrapes high point of the drive with same load. Passengers have to wait until out on the road first, if I remember!

Fortunately it is a plastic moulded protrusion with slots in front of the rear wheels which is grounding, not painted metal, but now rather second hand looking. Not sure what it is there for as it significantly reduces the clearance for crossing humps! 

• Like 1

As far as I know they are designed to reduce drag, improving air flow and mpg :)

Depends.

On some models they are sumpguards and fuel tank guards, as specified in the brochure under Off Road Package.

Even on the standard equipped car the front cover provides sump sump protection, as I have proved numerous times

I suspect that what Ken is catching is the fuel tank guard

I suspect that what Ken is catching is the fuel tank guard

On the Greenline there are visible black plastic fins, almost like a small mud guard which sit in front of the front and rear wheels, it's sounds like he's describing that to me as the sump sits much higher than the fins, plus the Greenline doesn't have the 'Off Road Package' as an option.

Fortunately it is a plastic moulded protrusion with slots in front of the rear wheels which is grounding,

If it is the bit I think it is, after just going out and looking at mine, it is fitted to all the cars, not just the Greenline. 

Obviously an "aerodynamic" aid, which presumably does something for the air flow around the wheels.

• Like 1

If it is the bit I think it is, after just going out and looking at mine, it is fitted to all the cars, not just the Greenline.

Obviously an "aerodynamic" aid, which presumably does something for the air flow around the wheels.

I didn't know it was on all models, thought it was a bit of a Greenline gimmick to be honest, but maybe it does actualy work!

What a difference 15mm makes.

Previous 110bhp 2wd would go over the top of my drive fully loaded, 4 up.

New greenline scrapes high point of the drive with same load. Passengers have to wait until out on the road first, if I remember!

Fortunately it is a plastic moulded protrusion with slots in front of the rear wheels which is grounding, not painted metal, but now rather second hand looking. Not sure what it is there for as it significantly reduces the clearance for crossing humps! 

According to the brochure the Greenline has 25 mm less ground clearance.

15mm from the springs and 10 mm from the smaller 205/55/16" wheels and tyres.

I can't get over how low the Greenline Yeti is.

I parked up the other day and when I came out of my appointment, I was greeted with this parked in front of my little car.......

15136781381_61c80d9c60_b.jpg

When I had my Yeti I thought it was big.

• Like 1

Definitely think the Outdoor version is better looking! If my working out (and chatting to the guys at Deamon Tweeks) are right, the Eibach springs would bring it down another 15mm, not a huge amount but all in it will put it just where I wanted to get it.