Please help my 2000 1.4 Fabia 8V has lit up ABS dash light. No abs fitted

televid

My son decided to replace my number plate lamps, front side lights & interior roof light with led lights.

Since doing this I have a yellow ABS warning lamp lit, And red light with picture of brake shoes lit which I thought was hand brake on light.

We have connected VAG and it states no link for ABS.

Im pretty certain my W reg MK1 FABIA 1.4 8 VALVE  doesnt have ABS.

I have tried reffiting my original bulbs disconecting battery over night still same lights lit.

Can someone help please ?

Checked the metal strip fuses on top of the battery cover?  One is known to break/split which kills communication with the ABS pump/module.

You also might have popped one of the normal fuses on the right side of the dash, on the end.

I had this issue on my mk1 vrs fabia. After a lot of ****ing about with the abs system and diagnosis it turned out to be a broken earth connection on the gearbox. If you google, broken earth to gearbox it should find the thread on here with tutorial. Easy thing to check and can be a cause of the light you speak of even if it sounds wrong!

• 8 months later...

Sorry to say I have tried all suggestions still no good. I did replace the central convenience unit this put the lights out and sorted my problem.

a week or so ago I had to remove the battery since reconnecting the battery the blasted lights are back on. Is there any chance the battery spiked unit on reconnecting ?

Any suggestions please...

Certainly, don't let your son mod your car, when he suggests covering it in crap say "Go mod your own car son, please leave mine alone"  :D

that's very helpful gotto give it to you!  joke

Just noticed the tailgate isn't unlocking, back and front doors unlock tailgate will only open via manual lever on drivers side.

added this in case an expert on electrical faults has some idea.

I have just gone through all the fuses again both on top of battery and end of dash board all are ok.

infact the fuses for ABS if I had ABS  are blank with no fuse holders fitted,

How on earth the ABS light can come on is completely beyond me.

Edited by televid

A failed microswitch in the door lock can cause the tailgate to not open by the finger switch. Does your lights-on bleeper work with lights on and drivers door open?

My tailgate used to do this when my microswitch was faulty but you could open it if you opened another door with working switch first.

I'd suspect a bad coded instrument panel. I've been playing with VCDS and found out that it allows you to activate all that options even if the car doesn't have them, but I was getting a lot of warning lights in the dashboard, such as worn brake pads, low windscreen washer fluid and so on. Just turn them off and the lights should go off as well.

It's a pretty easy job, with VCDS open tab 17, 07 Coding - ??xxx

Where ?? =:

00 - no extra options

01 - worn brake pads sensor installed

02 - safety belt sensor on

04 - windscreen washer liquit sensor

08 - none

16 - MFA clock

Regarding the tailgate problem, if there are other doors that fail to unlock/lock, check the coding on module 09 or the Cent Conv module, 46 with VCDS. A blown fuse can cause this as well. Are your interior lights working? They do work on the same fuse.