Wingmirror wiring.

Does somebody here have the wiring diagram for Pre-FL wingmirrors? I need the pin layout for a project and i don't want to disassemble the original mirrors and trace the wires to make a diagram if someone has done it allready or has access to haynes etc. manual?

There is something in the Haynes manual but unfortunately I haven't currently got access to my copy. I might be able to recall from my own aborted folding mirror project if you want to elaborate or PM.

Adam

Found this from mk5 Golf information:

Front Door Controller

16 Pin Connector (Generation 3) – MY07 onwards

1 – vertical adjustment potentiometer (mirror) – models with automatic mirror adjustment

2 – vertical adjustment potentiometer (mirror) – models with automatic mirror adjustment

3 – horizontal adjustment potentiometer (mirror) – models with automatic mirror adjustment

4 – mirror adjustment motor (12v)

5 – mirror ground

7 – Mirror heater (12v)

8 – auto dazzling rear view mirror exterior

9 – horizontal adjustment potentiometer (mirror) – models with automatic mirror adjustment

10 – entry light (12v) shares ground with 11

11 – mirror heater (ground)

12 – mirror adjustment motor (12v)

13 – indicator (12v) – shares ground with 11

16 – auto dazzling rear view mirror exterior

Could it be the same for Pre-FL Octavia?

Finally got my Haynes manual back and its not conclusive but likely I'd say.  The wiring diagram has pins 4,5,7,10,11,12,13 from the door controller wired exactly as this states apart from pins 5 and 12 which are reversed (but then I've found this often happens in Haynes mistakenly).  I also recall 8 and 16 being for the auto dimming mirror as I wondered at one point about retrofitting these too.

Note this is one of three plugs to the controller according to Haynes, the others having 32 pins, with feeds to/from the window and mirror switches etc, and 20 pins with feeds to/from the fuse box, CAN gateway, and other door controllers.

Hope that helps

Adam

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...