Fabia Vrs knocking over humps! Noise is from the back

Vrs9

Hi my vrs makes a really bad noise over humps and pot holes only i have had the rear axle bushes cheked which are uprated bushes sayin this all the bushes in the car have been uprated... No body can find what the problem is?? Any1 else have this problem??? Possible solutions???

Cheers

How long have you had the coilovers? I've seen some fail just after a year where every time you hit a pot whole or speed hump and they make a really annoying knocking sound

Iv had thr car a month now the previous owner had put them in... Its really low from the back but inhave been told i need to go to some 1 who does tire tracking to raise them up so they are equal.. Its sits really low at the back like bear enough touchng the ground the noise is louder of my friends sit at the back there big guys i mean BIG

Iv had thr car a month now the previous owner had put them in... Its really low from the back but inhave been told i need to go to some 1 who does tire tracking to raise them up so they are equal.. Its sits really low at the back like bear enough touchng the ground the noise is louder of my friends sit at the back there big guys i mean BIG

Stop going to Maccy D's, then you won't have to worry about the speed bumps in the car park and the fat boys will lose interest because there's nothing to eat. Problem solved.

Joking aside, pastie told you the answer, the rear is too low, jack it back up a bit until the noise goes away, you can do this yourself if you can count.

Hahaha dude where i live we gt more speed bumps then bastad tarmac i do have mechanicsl knowledge i do my own srrvice i jus dnt want one side higher than the other any special or easy way of doin it i donhave a trolley jack etc.

Hahaha dude where i live we gt more speed bumps then bastad tarmac i do have mechanicsl knowledge i do my own srrvice i jus dnt want one side higher than the other any special or easy way of doin it i donhave a trolley jack etc.

the crappy JOM springs bottom out easy,get the widow maker jack out of the boot,slack the wheel nuts a bit,jack the car up take the wheel off,at the lower end of the spring is an adjustable cup,wind it up at least half way,put car back together,repeat on other side.

I found with my jom coilovers if the rears were any lower than the highest, when jacked up the spring fell out. Same applies on steet ramps where the car goes on 3 wheels. Quite embarrassing going back for a spring. Let alone be caught doing so by a traffic cop. (Not that I got caught.)

I found with my jom coilovers if the rears were any lower than the highest, when jacked up the spring fell out. Same applies on steet ramps where the car goes on 3 wheels. Quite embarrassing going back for a spring. Let alone be caught doing so by a traffic cop. (Not that I got caught.)

Now i think about it the first time i noticed the noise was after driving into a steep car park,i cant drive into it "head on",so i take a diagonal approach,the car must have had a little tripod and allowed the spring to liberate itself.

Now i think about it the first time i noticed the noise was after driving into a steep car park,i cant drive into it "head on",so i take a diagonal approach,the car must have had a little tripod and allowed the spring to liberate itself.

Exactly how one of mine fell out!

Yeah, it could be a too short spring with a standardish length damper so the spring's not seated right on full drop, or it could be the exhaust knocking on the bodywork (New system? Or a broken exhaust mount)

Who said they were awesome? they must be delusional.

You hear it on here quite often, it makes me laugh every time, some chav jack in the boxes and tells everyone how good his are. Lack of critical thinking ability usually goes hand in hand with functional illiteracy.

• Like 1

You hear it on here quite often, it makes me laugh every time, some chav jack in the boxes and tells everyone how good his are. Lack of critical thinking ability usually goes hand in hand with functional illiteracy.

yes,they are far from a performance orientated setup.

I hopefully wont be using them for too much longer,they will be replaced with KW V1's,but until then il be bouncing down the road.