Heating octavia mk2

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix the heater in the car I just bought (2005 Octavia 2.0 TDi PD estate elegance).

The coolant was amber coloured so I drained and flushed the radiator and have refilled with g13 and de-ionised water.

That didn't work.

The car gets up to temp (90) ok.

Have felt the two pipes on the heater matrix after a drive and these are both hot - does that rule out the matrix being faulty?

What else could I do?

The coolant is long life amber/orange in colour and can be confused for rusty water/Irn Bru.

Although the matrix is functioning properly the ventilation control flaps/motors may be the problem.

With the ignition on press ECON and the lower left of the distribution buttons simultaneously, can't remember which one but it's below RECIRC.

You should see the temperature displays showing an odd pattern and hear the ventilation system cycle through various settings, you should feel the vents blow various temperatures.

Once that's done you'll usually find things are in order, unless of course you have a real problem.

FYI the heat output on my 06 1.9 PD isn't up to much, dunno if it's a design thing but winters aren't the toastiest.

I scanned PCDee's car tonight, and we got this on initial scan...

Address 08: Auto HVAC        Labels: 1K0-907-044.lbl
   Part No: 1Z0 907 044 H
   Component: ClimatronicPQ35 084 0305  
   Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
   VCID: 3B7513D67A7055C68EF-806E

1 Fault Found:
01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)
            010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

I cleared the fault, re-scanned and nothing came up. I'm assuming it'll come back when heating is asked for during normal driving cycle, plan to re-scan in a couple of weeks if not fixed before then.
Would this code suggest there's a fault with the blower motor circuitry?

• Like 1

Thanks for the help chaps.

Just tried your suggestion micmac, was really exciting for a moment, did just what you described and it toggled through the fans but unfortunately no temp change felt.

Done some more googling.

The part no. mentioned in the VCDS scan is the climate control display.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-Mk2-Digital-Climate-Control-Display-1Z0-907-044-H-1Z0907044H-/221536418986?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3394997caa

Am I being too simplistic to think that's the issue - anyone think I should change it for a new one?

i'll give it a go (though the car was still at 75 ish from having driven back earlier from the VCDS scan)....

Fingers crossed

Edited by pcdee

Having an issue with mine as well, where not hot air will come through until the engine is up to full operating temperature, having to wait 10-15 minutes before I can drive anywhere when the windows are steamed up.

Any Idea's?

• 3 weeks later...

Revisited the heater matrix and the intake pipe gets just about too hot to touch but the outlet is only warm so maybe it's the matrix after all. Does anyone one know the part number for a 2005 1z5 octavia 2.0 tdi estate heater matrix?

Edited by pcdee