Vrs time

Undecided to what to get guys.

Going to be the family car, and my daily I do roughly 44 miles a day but have access to another car etc so can be petrol or diesel (diesel preferred but not essential as will save me wonga)

What should I expect to be paying for a decent example around 80k or less.

Mpg should I expect on both?

And is it true to avoid the pd engine I've heard the cr is the better but that'll the newer fl?

Looking to buy one asap cash waiting

Any help would be great

Thanks

Jason,

I just sold this for £8.2k. It was a lovely car but there are pre face lifts out there with lower mileage for the same price or cheaper!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/330483-2009-59-Facelift-Skoda-Octavia-vRS-DSG-Black-£8395-Poss-PX?

I think the vRS is the ultimate family car, I'm on my 5th one now.

There are fans of the PD and CR out there but the PD seemed to have more DPF issues if doing regular short journeys. If you're doing 44 miles a day though I can't see you having too many problems.

I have a '60' plate vRS CR TDi. Fitted with most of the extras Jon mentioned about. I bought mine in March, 69k miles from a Skoda dealership for £10,700. Private price would probably have been £9,700-10,500. I moved from the PD 170 Golf. The Common Rail Engine is much smoother and I have had no problems with the DPF filter over the last 5k miles (unlike the PD engine).

Currently sitting at 74k I'd value my car at around £9000, extras include full leather, xenon headlights, cruise, etc.

I've had a quick scan on the web. There's a lot less vRS's for sale now than 8 months ago. Good luck with the car-hunting.

Oh, what's your budget? That'll pretty much determine age/mileage, etc.

I have a FL petrol vrs, 56k on the clock, DSG gearbox and it returns 31mpg with regular driving. I paid around 9k a few months ago, was looking at a trade in against a diesel BMW and was offered 7,100 for it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a FL VRS cr tdi with DSG amazing car engine far smoother than the old pd lump engine wouldn't go back mine has 37,000 miles 60 plate paid 12,250 from dealer barging couldn't find one private for better with the extra

I traded in my 07 TFSI hatch with 83k on the clock. It went back on the forecourt for £5800 and sold within a fortnight.

Clean, FSH (not Skoda) and not many extras (18", Dual zone, jumbo box, CC).

I thought it was overpriced but obviously not.

I regularly got 37mpg from the TFSI and could get it over 40 on a quiet run. Long term average for me was about 35mpg.

TFSI engine was faultless while I had it, car was starting to have some age related niggles but nothing serious.

Cars of that age will likely be due a second cambelt soon so factor that in if you're looking.

Edited by Aspman

I traded in my 07 TFSI hatch with 83k on the clock. It went back on the forecourt for £5800 and sold within a fortnight.

Clean, FSH (not Skoda) and not many extras (18", Dual zone, jumbo box, CC).

I thought it was overpriced but obviously not.

I regularly got 37mpg from the TFSI and could get it over 40 on a quiet run. Long term average for me was about 35mpg.

TFSI engine was faultless while I had it, car was starting to have some age related niggles but nothing serious.

Cars of that age will likely be due a second cambelt soon so factor that in if you're looking.

How did you average 35mpg??? even on a run I struggle to get 31! what is your secret??? 

I'm lucky with the roads, 60-70mph commute with little start stop traffic.

Also the TFSI really responds to careful driving, much more than the derv I've got now.

Tyres also helped, I put on Goodyear Efficient Grip tyres and started to get an extra 2-3mpg

Record for a commute was 43mpg but I could get 37 most days.

Winter or enthusiastic driving would see that down at 32.