FMIC

The twin pass is a easy fit replacement though buddy. and no messing to accommodate a custom install of hoses.. 

Just a plug and play type fitting kinda like the Forge as seem a identical type of kit.

However apart from  with Forge you get the modified crash bar. in the kit.

With that kit above,  you will need to do some drilling etc etc to get the hose to come through the crash bar to throttle join.

this pipe through crash bar on my old forge

IMG_20140824_142713645_zpsvud0vgcu.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC025.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC023.jpg

SkodaVRSForgeFMIC028.jpg

join to throttle pipe

IMG_20140824_153122868_zpsc0qazhkm.jpg

lower pipe to pancake pipe.

IMG_20140824_142708777_zps6ixcbuwm.jpg

I have a spare crash bar painted and cut for welly if folks decided to leave there std bar alone . 

hey bowders how much do you want for the crash bar, and would you be willing to post ?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all

srry for late reply, but I did not have time. Anyway, here is couple pictures of how it is done. It is really simple job, but it took me 4 hrs. It is direct fit, I needed to cut one bolt and cut bumper where lower pipe is going. But nothing serious.

So, all in all, simple job, disassemble everything, create place in crash bar and put it all together.

Here are couple pictures of how it was to fit. Also, if there is something missing, I can add more pictures later.

2nv8bk2.jpg

2llevj9.jpg

2q3n5zc.jpg

And at the end, benefit from logging. Just for info, K is intake temperature in Celsius. Outdoor is 12 Celsius.

5nxt.jpg

Edited by Joo

hey bowders how much do you want for the crash bar, and would you be willing to post ?

sorry for late reply...

£40 but postage will be a mare as heavy and the length will effect postage charges. I can get a quote if you really want it.

It is extremely good condition as i re painted it ,

sorry for late reply...

£40 but postage will be a mare as heavy and the length will effect postage charges. I can get a quote if you really want it.

It is extremely good condition as i re painted it ,

thanks but I think I will mod mine as it looks simple enough to do.

Hi all

srry for late reply, but I did not have time. Anyway, here is couple pictures of how it is done. It is really simple job, but it took me 4 hrs. It is direct fit, I needed to cut one bolt and cut bumper where lower pipe is going. But nothing serious.

So, all in all, simple job, disassemble everything, create place in crash bar and put it all together.
Here are couple pictures of how it was to fit. Also, if there is something missing, I can add more pictures later.

2nv8bk2.jpg

2llevj9.jpg

2q3n5zc.jpg

And at the end, benefit from logging. Just for info, K is intake temperature in Celsius. Outdoor is 12 Celsius.

5nxt.jpg

how  have you measured these temperatures? is this after cooler temp or intake air temp?

because there is no sensor what measures cooler temp?

Edited by sepu79

• 2 weeks later...

2sepu79 - it is measured with block 004, using vag com. Check this: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/001-009.html. So, And, U are correct, it is  Intake air temperature sensor located on the intake manifold. But I use it to see benefits. Before, it was going up to 70, now up to 24. (ok, outside temperature is not the same, but there are benefits for sure, 20-30 degree).

2SkippyVRS - srry, I did not measure size, but it matches OEM pipework, so no modification there.

Hi. srry I do not have anything now, but I can take some pictures how I fit it to the bar. But I used 2 "L" profiles and screw them. that is on the top.On the bottom I did not use anything, because it was already thigh. Only thing I use is the rubber, between air condition and IC. Did not cut crash bar.

• Like 1

I also have fitted the golf THS front mount Intercooler for the mk4 golf it comes with everything an wasnt to hard to fit had to modify my crash bar a bit because the octavia front crash bar seems to be different to the golf one.

It also comes with the pancake replacement pipe which fits too I have had it on about a year now an ive had no issues. U need to move the pancake pipe mounting point back a bit to miss the drop link bolt but that's about it

I have a few pics but when I try upload them off my phone it says it's failed but can email them

• Like 1

Hi. srry I do not have anything now, but I can take some pictures how I fit it to the bar. But I used 2 "L" profiles and screw them. that is on the top.On the bottom I did not use anything, because it was already thigh. Only thing I use is the rubber, between air condition and IC. Did not cut crash bar.

Hi all

2nv8bk2.jpg

2llevj9.jpg

2q3n5zc.jpg

5nxt.jpg

any more pics how you mounted this??

as helping fit one soon

Here is how it sit on brackets:
20fp2ki.jpg

2mobmah.jpg

And more from instalation:

334p4cg.jpg

zk3nf9.jpg