Advice on tuning a Yeti 140 tdi DSG 4x4

Vrstdi estate

Hi my yeti will be 4 years old in May. I've done just 35k from new and it's in great condition so I think it's a keeper as it ticks most of my boxes ( I have a 1200cc bike for thrills) and it tows our caravan very well. We took the combo down to the Dordogne last summer and I noticed that the flat bits in France are in fact very hilly and the mpg suffered getting down into the high 20's with bikes on the roof and stiff headwinds.

The car pulls well from low down but runs out of steam at motorway speeds and a little more grunt would be nice.

There are a few tuning shops around the North west but I'm not so keen on someone breaking open my ECU however I believe there are non invasive solutions now available (bluefin, superchips, shark?)

Has anyone remapped their DSG TDi vehicle successfully and are there any recommendations of tuners in my area please?

One more question - how did it affect your insurance premium?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have 2 Shark dealers in the North West area that can remap your Yeti over the OBD port, without the ECU needing to be removed.

Unit 20

Unit 20, Coalbrookdale Road, Clayhill Industrial Estate, Neston, CH64 3UG 
Tel: 0151 33 66 888
[email protected] | www.unit20.org

GNJ Motorsport Unit 6, Lodge Court, Great Harwood, BB6 7FB
Tel: 01254 88 33 45
[email protected] | www.gnjmotorsport.com
  • Like 1

Sadly rock hoppers mods were done well before an OBD solution was available. Has anyone had a more recent remap via the port? Bluefin are quoting £499; my local Shark outfit are not contactable so no idea of their pricing. Awesome Gti quote prices but not results on their website so not very confident in giving them the work and CRD still want to open up my ECU for £350. !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shark is £499 or £449 with Freedom membership, though I don't know if that carries for their resellers. I went to Shark HQ in Mansfield, combining it with the regular East Midlands monthly meet just a little further down the road. Mine was also pre-OBD solution, which is relatively recent. I had mine done last summer at 26K and it's now on 35K and has been well worth it.

I asked a Shark dealer about the freedom discount and they could not offer it (that’s not to say that non of them do), the £50 saved easily paid the fuel to do the 400 mile round trip to Mansfield where our F/L was done through the OBD port.

AIUI it’s only the way the map is loaded onto the ECU that has changed, check Sharks website for prices, but you certainly will not be disappointed with a Shark map as it transforms the car.

I asked a Shark dealer about the freedom discount and they could not offer it (that’s not to say that non of them do), the £50 saved easily paid the fuel to do the 400 mile round trip to Mansfield where our F/L was done through the OBD port.

AIUI it’s only the way the map is loaded onto the ECU that has changed, check Sharks website for prices, but you certainly will not be disappointed with a Shark map as it transforms the car.

Ah - it was you! I was pretty sure I'd read of someone's Yeti being done over the OBD but couldn't remember who!

• Like 1

I understand that the new Shark STS system can now be used (certainly on the CR170) through the OBD port.

This means you can swop between standard and remap modes at will - and at home (nothing against visiting Mansfield....  ;) )  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From the GNJ Facebook page.

We have now moved into our new unit on Shadsworth Business Park in Blackburn.
Our new address and telephone number are as follows:

Unit 8
Elder Court
Lions Drive
Blackburn
Lancashire
BB1 2EQ

01254 278999

• Like 1