Hey all,

Wondering if anyone knows or what is the easiest way to find out the size of the front and back discs on a 2008 Octavia 2.0 TDI VRS PD Engine.

Thanks

Euan

312mm front

288mm rear (this changes depending where you look)

ECP will tell you varying sizes from 260mm+ for the rears.

I bought 286mm which is what a lot of places tell you but when lined up on the old discs they were clearly smaller

My 09 (pre fl) vrs with trw debossed on the rear calipers are 282mm rear disks. On ecp, the rear pads to suite are labelled as to fit 260-286mm. Failing that, you could measure it?

There's another post on here somewhere about the same subject which I used when I did my brakes.

I've hit another issue, the back disc PR numbers on ECP don't have the 1ZE option.

So does the rear discs get called something else.

Yes, they will likely have a different code. There are option decoders on line which can help.

First though, when you put in your reg on the ECP website what possible options does it give for the rear discs? Compare the codes to the sticker.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

i thought mine (build sept 2010) came with 288mm rear rotors - infact they don't.  It comes with 272mm rears.

even the online skoda workshop manuals state that i should have 288mm!

maybe its an aussie thing - "we'll give 'em zee small ones.  hehehehe"

There is a part number engraved on the hub edge of the rotor itself.  you can read them through the wheel spokes.

Google'ing these part numbers will tell u what size is associated with it.

these are the numbers on my rotors:-

• front - 1K0 615 301AA min. thick 22mm (312mm rotor size)
  • rear -  1K0 615 601AA min. thick 8mm (272mm rotor size)

the part number for the 288mm rear rotor is 1K0 615 601AD

the time has come to replace my factory fitted brakes & pads (currently on 82,000 kms), and i was getting confused about the rear brake size.   

i can brake replacement kits (rotors + pads), which come with 312mm fronts and 288mm rears, however they explicitly state that it is not designed for those equipped with 272mm rears.

i worried if i get this (cause of its good price), my existing calliper carrier won't fit over the 288mm rotor.

Edited by JR RS

Just remembered, when I was unsure about this, I called servicing at my local skoda dealership (bickertons in Sheffield who are lovely) and asked them. They confirmed the rears at 282mm. Matched up to what all the forums said. Guess skoda know what they're doing!

I think the best thing is to ring your local skoda dealer with your vin number handy.

This is the problem when buying parts your self. I just had my rears replaced and left it to the garage to order all the bits

EBC did tell me that they knew they have been given the wrong information and to order parts for a petrol. They said the info they were given, not by skoda but the people who provide them with disc sizes on behalf of the manufacturer were giving out incorrect information

Edited by ryan-re

I think the best thing is to ring your local skoda dealer with your vin number handy.

This is the problem when buying parts your self. I just had my rears replaced and left it to the garage to order all the bits

i'm reading the part numbers on the actual rotors currently fitted on mine - don't know how much more surer u can get than that!!

if i went soley by the "online world", i would've bought 288mm rears, because that's what the skoda workshop manuals state, only to have trouble fitting it.

if i left it to the garage, they'll charge me "extra" for them to source the parts.

Edited by JR RS

I've hit another issue, the back disc PR numbers on ECP don't have the 1ZE option.

So does the rear discs get called something else.

both ends have there own PR code.

rears should be

PR Code Disc Size Notes Thickness

1KD 255mm Pre-FL New: 10mm Min: 8mm

1KD 253mm FL New: 10mm Min: 8mm

1KF 260mm Pre-FL New: 12mm Min: 10mm

1KF 256mm FL New: 12mm Min: 10mm

1KP 286mm Pre-FL New: 12mm Min: 10mm

1KP 282mm FL New: 12mm Min: 10mm

1KS 272mm FL New: 10mm Min: 8mm

1KT 272mm FL (Red Calipers) New: 10mm Min: 8mm

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I wonder if you can swap brake calliper bracket/carrier to use larger disc. I know it is possible on front ones.

I Have got 255mm rear discs. Both callipers are dead after I've changed brake pads.

Now, I'm thinking about changing brake carrier with new callipers and Brembo Sport discs.

Did anyone change size of rear discs, please?

Forget about VIN and PR codes. Always measure what is on.

Authorised Skoda dealer still claims that my oil/coolant heat exchanger suppose to be not in my car. They checked ETKA twice with my VIN code.

Disorder is everywhere and never rely on VIN and other codes.