Electric Windows Not Working-Drivers side

Hi,

The wife has a Fabia and she has just informed me her drivers side buttons haven't worked for a while (yes asked why on;y mentioning now..)

Any ideas for quick check on potential causes. Did a search and some mention of a reset using the key in the door lock?

The door loom mate same happened to mine check the wires behind the black cover between the door and the car for broken wires, i soldered mine back and its been fine ever since

The door loom mate same happened to mine check the wires behind the black cover between the door and the car for broken wires, i soldered mine back and its been fine ever since

Cheers, easy enough to take off the door cover?

I think they mean the plug bellow between the door and the chassis. The wires often snap here due to opening/closing of the door.

Before removing door cards reset the windows

If that doesn't do the trick:

1. Check the fuses 

2. Check if the window switch is faulty

3. Check if the motor is faulty

4. Check then for cut wires

• Like 1

Before removing door cards reset the windows

If that doesn't do the trick:

1. Check the fuses 

2. Check if the window switch is faulty

3. Check if the motor is faulty

4. Check then for cut wires

Bear in mind I struggle to change a wheel. I can figure out the fuse but how can I check myself 2 & 3?

I would have thought it more likely to be broken wire then broken motor as they are prone to snapping. This is a known problem on these cars. Fuse first, naturally, then wire is my recommendation. 

Is it this place to check that is being referred to. How can you get the whole wire out to check or you do you check as is and solder?

RvkfNja.jpg?1

Thats the place to get the whole wire out you would have to take the door card off, disconnect the loom and take the whole loom of off the door. Its a bit of headache as I found out before

Ok thanks, will look at tomorrow once I have put a new roof on the chicken pen, what an exciting life I lead.....Now to figure out how to get the inside panel of the door?

• Like 1

Ok thanks, will look at tomorrow once I have put a new roof on the chicken pen, what an exciting life I lead.....Now to figure out how to get the inside panel of the door?

Haha indeed and its not to hard you have to take out a few screws and it should clip off good use of google and your ready to roll

• 2 weeks later...

Quick little update on this. Work has been manic so haven't had the time or interest in fixing this. We are lucky in that we have a small but very good local garage, they often do us favours. Wife took it down to be looked at Friday and loads of wires were snapped. Going in Wednesday to be fixed.

I know nothing about cars and being a member here allows me to do some research and decide what is best use of my time. I pay my membership and it pays for itself 10 fold. I am not anti garage (dealers I am not that keen on) so thanks for help and advice and the garage can do my job for me this time. Cheers

Did you tried to just pull out the buttons without taking down the whole door panel, take the buttons apart and inside there are some metal parts that usually get oxidized from the water that gets in the doors (fabia mk2 has a huge problem with water getting inside the door) and the metal pieces inside the buttons often get oxidized. Just try to get them out and clean them.

Did you tried to just pull out the buttons without taking down the whole door panel, take the buttons apart and inside there are some metal parts that usually get oxidized from the water that gets in the doors (fabia mk2 has a huge problem with water getting inside the door) and the metal pieces inside the buttons often get oxidized. Just try to get them out and clean them.

In fairness they did some work at the garage and my wife was there and saw the state of the wires. it wasn't good and not something I want to spend my time on. leaving this one to the experts.