Solenoid failure

Daveyeti

Oh no. Solenoid failure on lock for fuel cover. 30 Miles left on fuel. Bailed out by Skoda Bradford with one phone call to the them. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks.Hopefully a relatively rare failure then. Mine sorted under warranty but frustrating fault none the less. Great forum by the way. Not posted much but read all the time. Thanks.

Hi Daveyeti, You did not say how long this took to get sorted, but only one phone call sounds like you did not have to wait too long. I'd hate to be in the same situation halfway between Perth, W.A. and Adelaide S.A.

• Like 1

Mine started sticking, it would free up with multiple lock / unlocks. I had dealer check / lubricate when servicing. Lesson, I think, is not to ignore an intermittent fault, not funny to be running on fumes and a locked fuel cap!

• Like 1

Hi Banjobach, I should reword my original post. Skoda Bradford asked me to bring my car straight in, they identified the fault, broke into the locked fuel cover to enable me to put fuel in. My car was then booked in to repair the fault. It's booked in for May 5th as this was the earliest they could offer a courtesy car (I need car for work). Could have just broke the locked fuel cap cover myself but didn't know where I stood with the warranty.

Could have just broke the locked fuel cap cover myself but didn't know where I stood with the warranty.

It should be much easier to remove the trim from right side of boot to access it from inside, the flap could then be released or locking mechanism replaced without breaking anything.

• 3 months later...

Had the same problem on the way down to portsmouth to see my daughter had to break the cover open , went in to hortons of lincoln on the way home and booked it in on 5th aug hope they dont charge me for the work .